jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

HP Seriously needs and "Undo" button for editing Hubs

1. Solaras profile image90
    Solarasposted 15 months ago

HP Seriously needs an "Undo" button, so when I delete a capsule by mistake, I can click undo, and not lose an hours work. Crap.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I second the motion.  I agree, that would be a very convenient tool.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 15 months ago

I don't know if this still works, but I used to navigate to another page, and when a message comes up saying "Do you really want to leave before finishing" click yes. Then when I came back, it would be how it was before.

Solarasposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I think I might have gone that in the past, but forgot to try it this time.  Still an undo button seems a no-brainer.

3. paradigm search profile image81
    paradigm searchposted 15 months ago

Might still be in browser cache if go back; though with capsule deletion, probably a long shot.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 15 months ago

Solaras, you can look up your hub in Google and click Cache View. This will show you the previously archived version of your hub and you can copy the text you had deleted.

A better solution, for future reference, is to do all your work off line. I create all my hubs in MS Word and then copy the text to capsules when I'm ready to create the hub online. This way I also have a backup of all my hubs on my computer.

In this instance I was working on a table, actually I had completed it, and added things to it that had just popped into my head. I was almost finished with the hub, and thought to clean up some of the extra things the template had offered me, and accidentally deleted this table with 11 rows in it.  Aghhh.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I create tables off line also. I create everything dealing with a new hub offline. So if you do that you'll never run into that problem.

HP is very busy with making changes for important issues, such as the subdomain changes this week to improve search ranking. So it's not worth the time spent adding features that we have alternatives to anyway.

How do you create a table offline?

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
            Glenn Stokposted 15 months ago in reply to this

MS Word has a table function. But many times I don't even use it. I just list the data for the rows and columns in my offline draft that I will eventually copy to a table capsule when I create the hub.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
          Sherry Hewinsposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I still think it is a good suggestion. Perhaps not the top priority, and sure we can work around it, but I think a lot of people would appreciate an undo or revert to saved button.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image92
    UnnamedHaraldposted 15 months ago

Yeah... what Glenn said. Working offline will save you the trouble of remembering everything you said and serve as a backup.

6. Kristen Howe profile image80
    Kristen Howeposted 15 months ago

I did it for my leafy green hubs on my WP software, Open Office. I'm sure MS Office would have the same feature. I wasn't able to do it here somehow.

working