jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

The Hub URL doesn't match my Hub title

1. sagolia profile image84
    sagoliaposted 12 months ago

For example: http://sagolia.hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Thi … ng-a-Puppy

and the title is "Five Things..."

Originally, I was going to list ten points in my hub, but changed my mind to five after naming the hub. I changed the title on the edit page. Any clue if there's a way to fix this? Or would I have had to start all over with that hub?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 months ago in reply to this

You can start over, or you can just leave it.  It is all right if the URL and the title aren't the same.

2. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 12 months ago in reply to this

I normally strip out the number part in any article I write.

So, "Things-to-Know-Before-Getting-a-Puppy" instead of "Ten-Things-to-Know-Before-Getting-a-Puppy".

However, I did also learn this by mistake. When I was in Squidoo, one of my articles had a "2011" in its URL. It was still popular in 2014 - ranking at the same point on Google.

3. DrMark1961 profile image93
      DrMark1961posted 12 months ago in reply to this

You cannot change the URL now, but it does not need to be the same; your traffic will not be any different.
      In order to avoid this situation, anyway, I use general titles for the URL and I can then change the title later based on traffic.
      Thus, for the URL I might put dogs-that-like-halloween
      and the title can be "5 Dog Breeds That Enjoy Halloween"
      but  I might alter it later to "7 Dogs That Like Halloween"

1. Solaras profile image93
        Solarasposted 12 months ago in reply to this

4. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 12 months ago in reply to this

So why not simply add another 5 items which enhance the subject, the authority and the overall appeal of the hub?

2. Farawaytree profile image87
    Farawaytreeposted 12 months ago

I've had the same issue so I guess the lesson is if you want them to match just take more time when considering the title smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

As others already mentioned, the URL cannot be changed after you create your hub. For future reference, when you create a new hub, make the URL something that will work in case you decide to change the title later, as neosurk had mentioned above. 

For now, the best solution is to add five other items as Pearldiver had mentioned. So at least the URL matches the title. Here are ideas for five items you don't presently have:

1. History of breed
    2. Signs of problems to watch out for
    3. Health of pups parents
    4. Things you need when you bring it home
    5. Vaccinations