Are any checks done by Hubpages for spam site URL's?

1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 11 months ago

I put my username "StricktlyDating" and the word "Hubpages" into Google search and there are many URL's created by spammy or adult content sites which show in the search results, in these instances my Hubs haven't been copied, apart from the title, or some of it, which does show in the Google results, but these sites copy my Hub URL including the word Hubpages into their own URL. Some sites redirect to graphic content, but many others don't, they just go directly to affiliate advertising, but no related content on the page, and certainly they are not related to my work here or Hubpages.  I reported the philishing sites I found in the first 5 pages of the Google search results to Google (About 10 occurrences so far). But does Hubpages monitor this at all in the Google results? Is there any way it can be monitored, eg: in bulk?

I know that Hubbers are responsible for filing their own DMCA's when content has been copied, but what about when spam sites are putting the word Hubpages into their URL? Surely it must affect in some way page views, site or Hub rankings to be tainted by this kind of spam?  The screenshot example below is from the first page of my Google search results on mobile, the spammy URL does not outrank my Hubpages profile page, but certainly ranks close at 5th. So if anyone was looking for one of my Hubs in particular by using my username and the word "Hubpages" in Google, it seems likely they would have a fair chance of clicking on a spam URL instead of finding my Hubpages work,probably what the intentions of them are, since their URL's are essentially impersonating this site, and it seems quite a lot!

Does anyone know anything more about this issue?

(Below is a photo example of a page which looks like it would be mine at Hubpages, almost, but it redirects to an advertising page)

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago in reply to this

If they are using, then you need to notify the team.  Other than that, you can either file DMCA reports or contact Google directly to request that these sites lose their Adsense income.

1. stricktlydating profile image84
        stricktlydatingposted 11 months ago in reply to this

They put StricktlyDating.hubpages in their URL's but not the .com after Hubpages for each one. Though they have done per above example. I've reported about 20 occurances now to Google but there is so many of them out there, apart from just mine,  it's very time consuming!