jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

This Website Makes No Sense Especailly The Duplicate.

1. Simon Nader profile image65
    Simon Naderposted 12 months ago

How the hell could anyone can steal from his own work? What sense does that make?

I write MY OWN stuff and for some reason, this website claims it's a duplicate. I don't even read much poetry from others, let alone stealing one.

Many times I post some cool lyrics or poetry only some moderator thinks it's duplicate, how? It's my work and I could do whatever the hell I want with it.

Does anyone get the same thing here?

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 12 months ago in reply to this

HubPages won't allow you to republish work that has already appeared somewhere else on the web. In the interests of attracting decent traffic, they want unique content. It's in the terms of service.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Duplicate simply means it is posted elsewhere on the web.  In this case, probably you have posted it somewhere.  Google also sees this as duplicate material and penalizes the work dropping it in searches.

As mentioned, it is in the terms of service that all work here should be original and not published elsewhere.

The duplicate warning it great for us who have not duplicated our own work elsewhere, but have had it published (stolen) elsewhere by another.  Once we check it out we can file a DMCA to have the other page unlisted, and in some cases, unpublished.

2. Kristen Howe profile image82
    Kristen Howeposted 12 months ago

Simon, I've had the duplicate warning too for a few of my hubs in the past. Like Dale said, I borrowed the information and had to rewrite it to make it my own, For my book reviews, since it was posted from my book review blog, I had to redo my review to get approved. Just make sure it's original, if you have to reword it or rewrite it somehow.