I'd like feedback on my Hub: Entertainment ! Entertainment ! Entertainment !

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Vanu430 profile image40
    Vanu430posted 8 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Entertainment ! Entertainment ! Entertainment ! (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Your hub is too short, too general and doesn't tell us anything new. Who do you think will be looking for this kind of information and what will they learn on your hub? Bearing in mind that such readers are looking at your article from a computer or mobile device. Wouldn't it be safe to say that they would already know about Facebook and Twitter?

Your hub says, "yet in the online world an upset has occurred." And that would be?

Looking at your life experience, I'm sure you could find something that you know that you could share with others? That's what HubPages is about.

Good luck.

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image95
      Pollyanna Jonesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A good Hub in my eyes, is something that tells us about something we might not know about, or is original material. If you write about something that we are all familiar with, then you need to write it well and present it as a critical analysis that we can mull over. For example, if you were looking at the things that put people off each of these social media sites, then present a conclusion about which one you think is the best, it would be a more interesting piece.

The title doesn't really reflect the topic, and when you open the topic, it is just a wall of writing that doesn't flow very well, and presents nothing new. I would re-think this one and maybe start again.

A few tip about writing Hubs:

- What is it about?
      Think about what you are trying to present with your Hub. Is it informative or creative, or are you trying to make a point? Lead people in to the piece with the first paragraph so they can think about whether it is an article they want to sit through and read.

- Layout
      Split your article into sub-topics and use titles in the Hub to split it up and make it more "bite sized" when reading through it.

- Writing style
      Think about how the words flow. Rather than blasting someone with lots of stuff that rambles and garbles on, get to the point, use commas and full stops where needed, and watch out for repeating yourself.

- Hub Topics
      Make sure your topic is original and something that your audience will want to read about. I would be far more interested in learning about each festival in India than how great Facebook is for keeping in touch with people. I don't think there are many people on the planet who don't know about this now!

Think about what you know about, that others might not. The best articles always tend to come out of a flash of inspiration somewhere. Keep a note pad on you, so you can write down ideas wherever you may be.

Good luck!

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

What the hell is going on here with these new writers?

The other day we had someone writing about how to buy clothes online, with such insights as measuring yourself first -- astounding!!! 

Now we have someone who wants to share his ground-breaking discovery of Facebook and Twitter, two new sites that are going to make a big splash in the interwebs.

1. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lol

2. kenyaentrepreneur profile image89
      kenyaentrepreneurposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I fail to see your helpful advice, calculus-geometry. This new hubber asked pleasantly and politely for help.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There's no helping the OP and he/she is only on HP to promote his/her website lifenow.xyz.  Lighten up, these Captain Obvious hubs are unintentionally hilarious.

Save your writing advice and your sanctimony for a more worthwhile purpose.

1. kenyaentrepreneur profile image89
          kenyaentrepreneurposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why not start a new thread instead of making this individual feel unwelcome?

3. kenyaentrepreneur profile image89
    kenyaentrepreneurposted 8 years ago

Hello. You write clearly and well but there are a few things wrong with your hub. Firstly it is not long enough. Give it a few more pictures and many more words (in separate capsules with headings).

It feels to me like you got going pretty well but then stopped way before you finished what you set out to say.

I notice your url reflects your original title. I think you should go back to your original title and write fully about the topic you first chose. If you do a good job with it you should get lots of traffic with an evergreen hub.

The heading you have now is not a good one. It repeats one word three times but will not rank in search engines. Go back to your original title and finish the hub with lots of information and I think you will be successful.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

They just arrived here from 2008 in a time traveling DeLorean...

1. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)