jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)

10 hubs in 30 Days - My November Challenge

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 17 months ago

I've never done those 30 hubs in 30 day challenges because I've never really found the motivation. But now that HP has moved all hubs to their domain, I've thought of writing more hubs around some of my best performing hubs to interlink and get more traffic flowing. Going to give it a try, no harm there. With all the negativity and people getting their hubs off hubpages, I thought this would be something nice to have on the forums.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Setting goals and writing more hubs is always a good idea. It is nice to see something other than a rant here for a change.

lobobrandonposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Haha that's the only reason I posted smile

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93
          Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Sometimes I think they should call this the "I Hate HubPages Forum."

Haha good one. At least a Hate Section. We got community, tutorials, etc.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 17 months ago in reply to this

A great idea I feel leading toward being motivational toward a goal of least for me. I hope to join you soon. Thanks!

3. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this

Cool.

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 17 months ago in reply to this

This is a great idea, best of luck!

By the way, don't forget that this is one of the Forums where you can post a link to each of your Hubs as you finish to share your progress. Hubbers participating in this challenge may all feel free to post the URL for Hubs completed as part of the challenge. smile

Oh that's cool. Thanks

2. profile image0
    ARaineyposted 17 months ago

Great idea lolobrandon, I'm in!  1 down, 9 more to go!

Awesome smile

2. tsmog profile image84

Great!! I would suggest for consideration be inclusive of the original goal with the bio - USMLEB somehow? Perhaps experiential with how to use the Hubs as one possibility? I dun'no . . .

1. profile image0
        ARaineyposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Hey tsmog!  I've completely changed focus to medical blogs now but the process is much slower.  I only have one blog so far now.  I might throw in a test experiential USMLE blog once I get going again, but I'm taking a stab at medical writing and I have to learn the ropes.  Have you decided whether or not you are going to publish again?

1. tsmog profile image84

Edit: Congratulations with your new journey of exploration and discoveries with learning. I wish you great success!

I do have a hankering to begin anew publishing soon.

Now TMI . . . I shared in some forum my expertise career wise is in saturated markets - Sales, inventory control, researching data, (old knowledge) auto repair & Excel. Not really niche topics. My most recent passion has been learning SEO here in the Forums from others experiences and web research, however once again kind'a a saturated market.

That leaves my passions as enthusiast topics to explore. Unfortunately with Google traffic two are poetry & short story writing. I am not really an expert in either as niche Topics, though with social marketplace enjoyed success.

I think I will focus on obtaining higher scores, even though not niche topics seeking learning content writing especially substance.That is a weakness for me. Example I over explain (perhaps here?) with hub word count average at or above 2,500 words. Thus, learning editing aimed at the HP 'Stellar Hub' fashioned as a magazine article with a mix of SEO techniques. Also, I feel with certainty I will begin anew as I resolve personal issues too more medically centered.

BTW . . . thank you for asking and the encouragement :-)

1. profile image0

I wish I had the ability to write 2500 word articles on a whim.  I find myself constantly checking the word count when writing my articles.  Maybe the down time you are taking with your medical issues will give you time to figure out what to write about.  Yeah at this point, niche topics are the way to go if you ever want to get anything read.  I'm sure you will figure something out.  I hope you get better health-wise.

1. tsmog profile image84

Thank You :-)

2. lobobrandon profile image82

Care to elaborate what that means big_smile

1. profile image0

United States Medical Licensing Examination.  It was the content of the blog I started a week ago, but the topic was too saturated  I discussed this here:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/133829

3. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 17 months ago

Good for you, lobobrandon. You're a brave one with a positive attitude. Go for it!

Haha yeah I know, just want to give it a shot.

4. Solaras profile image89
    Solarasposted 17 months ago

After a long hiatus, I have already published 3 new hub in the last two weeks - let's see if I can find the motivation to join you over the next two weeks!

That's great smile

working