jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Help with title and keywords

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
    TessSchlesingerposted 11 months ago

Hi guys,

A little while back you helped me out with my Taslan article. It wasn't getting any traffic and I knew that the title wasn't cutting it. I can happily say that after following your suggestions, I am now getting traffic from google. Thank you.

I now need help with this article. Same problem.

http://hubpages.com/technology/Does-Goo … od-content

I started it in May and it has been sitting there because I cannot think of a good title. In the end I went with what i started out, but if you read the article, it's more about what works on Google (in my experience) and what I think Google is really looking for and what it is likely to send traffic to.

Any suggestions for the title?

Thanks. smile

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I noticed this article in the feed and read yesterday. I discovered it to be helpful and informative for learning SEO with content. I have been playing at the Answer section for creating titles. I noticed whenever I use a question for the title the suggested 1st topic structure below always does not lead to my desired Topic structure. To me that offers hints, though I can not substantiate it. For instance your title results with:

« Books, Literature, and Writing → How to Write → How to Get Published → Getting Published

I played with the keywords. I read that a good goal with receiving traffic is the keyword 'beginner'. I dropped the question, played a bit with each keyword alone. For instance for 'Content' the 1st recommended Topic Structure is: « HubPages Tutorials and Community → Official HubPages Help → Learning Center → How to Create Search-Friendly Content

I played until I came up with:

Good Content for Google's Search Engine for SEO Beginners. The topic 1st structure result is:

« Technology → Internet & the Web → Search Engines → Google Search Engine

For me I ponder how Google looks at questions for titles. Even though I may choose the topic structure, I simply do not know how Google's Search Engine sees the title related to the Topic structure. There are others with more experience than I.

TessSchlesingerposted 11 months ago in reply to this

That's a very good point. Ironically, I often key questions into google seasrch engines and come up with appropriate responses. More so than if I just put in keywords. Let me think about that.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 months ago

I'm not sure that a title would make much difference to this one, frankly.   It's the kind of Hub which would appeal to other Hubbers, but there is SO much competition on this topic from big professional sites that I can't see you making any headway against them in the Google rankings, no matter what you call it.

TessSchlesingerposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Yup, I guess that was why I have been sitting on it so long. In the end, I just decided to publish because I'm saying something different to others.