jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

1. 21
    DavidSimmons1776posted 11 months ago

is all the money through adsense?

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 11 months ago in reply to this

No, David. Money can be generated from Google Adsense, Amazon's Associate Program, ebay's Partner Network and HubPages' own advertising program - 4 ways to make money at HubPages! smile

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Hi David,

The only way to earn without Google AdSense is through your own Amazon Affiliate ID. You won't be able to sign up for the HubPages Amazon Program (which offers a higher commission tier), but you can still associate your own ID. Here's how to do so: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You were suckered. Well, maybe not; do put odds at 90+%.

2. 21
    DavidSimmons1776posted 11 months ago

yes but they all need adsense yes?

1. Catherine Barrett profile image82
      Catherine Barrettposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Yes: Amazon through HubPages, Hubpages ads, and eBay all require an active AdSense account in order to put the ads on your hubs. I'm also new and frustrated by this prerequisite, because the AdSense approval process will clearly take a while.

The ONE EXCEPTION is that you can place Amazon capsules with your own affiliate ID; HOWEVER Amazon will also reject applications for sites if there is not enough content. So, this is only a solution if you are already an Amazon affiliate... and if you follow these forums, HubPages has clearly just tightened their restrictions on placing Amazon capsules on Hubs.

As a new Hubber, I really wish that I could turn on HP ads at least because it looks as if there will be a wait of several months before I am eligible for any of these programs.

3. 0
    Herman Naveaposted 11 months ago

No, they are different from one another. You earn when someone clicks your adsense ads on your webpage. For amazon and ebay, you earn when someone buys the product.

1. 21
      DavidSimmons1776posted 11 months ago in reply to this

and the fourth one?

4. Maffew James profile image97
    Maffew Jamesposted 11 months ago

AdSense is required to use any of the income-generating programs: http://hubpages.com/faq/#hep-requirements

The different programs consist of:

HubPages Ad Program: AdSense and other advertisers compete for placement on your articles. Ads have a higher RPM than AdSense alone because of the extra competition. You'll be paid by HubPages through PayPal.

Amazon: You may choose to select and place Amazon product advertisements within your articles and will be paid a commission of 4 - 10 percent for each purchase, depending on product category and overall sales. You still need AdSense as a requirement for the use of the Amazon program. HubPages will pay you through PayPal. (You may also use your own Amazon ID, in which case Amazon will pay you directly for sales through this).

Ebay: You earn a commission with this. I'm not sure what the commission percentages are like because I've never bothered to use it. HubPages will pay you through PayPal.

Adsense: Not one of the programs, but rather, raw AdSense without the other advertising companies that are involved in the HubPages Ad Program. Your articles are monetised with AdSense advertisements and you will be paid by Google through your own AdSense account.

To organise everything, sign up for the HubPages Earnings Program, associate a PayPal account, and submit tax details. Then associate your AdSense account in order to set up and use any of the advertisement programs.