jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Making your spam policy less confusing.

1. EllieTaylorArtist profile image85
    EllieTaylorArtistposted 14 months ago

The latest spam policy is very confusing and not very clear. One can follow all the suggestions and still  have a spam violation. I suggest setting up a system like Wizzley and have a certain number of words per product capsule. That would make things a lot clearer.

1. makingamark profile image76
      makingamarkposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Just being precise on what the problem is would also be very helpful.

Content moves because it is so much simpler to set up elsewhere compared to trying to work out what the violation is.

EllieTaylorArtistposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it would be very helpful if I were told what capsule was violating their spam policy. Also, the editbot symbol will appear next to a hub, but there will be no explanation of what is wrong and no violations will appear when you check for them.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 14 months ago in reply to this

When the editbot symbol appears, you need to go click on "edit" for that hub.  When you scroll down, you will see the problem (or problems) highlighted in yellow.  You can then either make the necessary changes or leave things as they are.  Finish editing, and you are done.

It is very important for writers to read about these issues in the learning center.  You can find it by clicking the Help button at the upper right of this page.

Every rule and guideline is there for you to read, and will help you to better understand everything.

Thanks for your help. I did all that and there was nothing highlighted in yellow, but apparently the problem was with my ebay capsule. It was not showing the right product and therefore it was not related to my subject so it set off the spam detector.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

editbots are not for spam, but rather for basic grammar, spelling and structure problems.  If one appeared next to your hub's title on a stats page, then a problem was found that should probably be corrected.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

There is a word per product capsule policy in place:  minimum 100 to best 300.

Thanks I will check on that.

working