jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

e-Bay Ads versus Amazon Ads

1. sallybea profile image96
    sallybeaposted 11 months ago

There has been a lot of discussion this week about the Amazon ads.  The subject of our e-Bay ads has been mooted several times, but it does appears to me that the subject has been washed over.
    Over the years about two dozen of my ads have converted into sales  but this only happened after the ads became Buy It Now Ads by default.
    Unlike Amazon, it is possible for me to see which Ads  converted into sales but for some reason these ads have never gained popularity on the site.  Is there some reason why?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Hi Sally,

I think part of the reason is that most writers simply make more from Amazon (Amazon is a bigger site with more trust and brand recognition from readers). Another element is that it's more difficult to select a specific eBay product to display in your capsule, and one also has to check back to make sure the product hasn't been sold and replaced with something that doesn't fit the Hub's content as well.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Hi Christy
        I do find that e-Bay is very good for my type of niche writing as I buy most of my felting products from e-Bay.
        It is true that  products were sometimes replaced with something different or nothing at all in the past, but this does not seem to happen much anymore.
        I do  recall Paul had some discussion with e-Bay about exactly this and the situation was improved by bringing in only Buy It  Now Items.
        I do however very much appreciate your coming back to discuss this as the subject has been touched on several times this week.
        Thank you.

2. mattforte profile image92
    mattforteposted 10 months ago

I made much better money off of eBay for a while.
    Was getting paid per clicks, or views....can't remember which. But I was getting money daily, even though I rarely had a sale.

eBay apparently caught on to this disparity in sales/payouts (That I'm sure other people experienced as well) and made the change so now we only get paid per sale.
    And quite frankly, the maintenance alone is not worth an eBay ad. I've been too lazy to switch them all back to Amazon, but rest assured one day I'll get motivated and there will not be an eBay ad left in sight.