Please Announce Changes In The Rules And Put The Changes In The FAQ

1. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 11 months ago

I understand that you may feel it's our obligation to re-read the rules frequently. The thing is that the rules have gotten quite long and all of them are clearly necessary. It really isn't practical to expect busy people to re-read the rules even just weekly to look for additions and changes. It's also all-too-easy to get familiar with a piece of writing you've read many times (the FAQ, for instance) and have your mind fill in what it expects to read, sliding right over things you aren't expecting. I have to set aside a piece of writing for at least a month to avoid doing it.

I know you are very busy, but could you please take a moment when you change a rule and change it in the FAQ? Then you can let us know by making a quick blog post with just a title and a link if you're too busy to explain the change. You could just say "Rule Change Announcement" and post a link to the bit in the FAQ you've changed.

The unannounced rule changes are reminiscent of Squidoo's behavior. The site started failing as soon as they stopped communicating with its users about changes to the site.

I really, really don't want HubPages to turn into another Squidoo. I like it here and I appreciate the courtesy you show to the writers. Please don't lose the parts that make HubPages a better place to write.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 months ago

I agree that all rule changes need to be communicated, and the Learning Center and FAQ need to be updated every time there is a rule change.