jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

How long has, how many hubs we have featured been on our profile page?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image79
    Elsie Hagleyposted 16 months ago

I have just noticed it, have I been asleep in the last few days I missed that one until now.
    What are your thought's about this?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 16 months ago in reply to this

It must have appeared as a new feature today, Elsie. I was editing my profile last night and did not see the new feature. There has been no notice of it from HP staff that I know of.

I do not see the purpose of it. Seems to me that should be on our My Account page and private.

Elsie Hagleyposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Phyllis. It doesn't worry me as I try to keep my hubs featured, not sure everyone will be happy about it though.

You're welcome, Elsie. Lots of changes going on - some we are notified about, some we are not.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I hadn't seen it before reading this thread-- but it did give me the incentive to update a few hubs.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
          gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago in reply to this

THAT will do it!

Yep. smile

2. Sue Adams profile image92
          Sue Adamsposted 16 months ago in reply to this

That may be the very reason it has been introduced, to make authors clean up their act. Even if the reason for a hub being unfeatured is a lack of traffic, unfeatured hubs may affect the quality of the site as a whole, so they either need to be updated or moved elsewhere. Exposing unfeatured hubs on the profile page has little meaning to outside readers yet it gives hubbers a very good incentive to take action.
          Lastly, if this new feature had been announced prior to implementation, all hell would have broken loose on the forums. As it is, it encourages us to take these statistics a little more seriously rather than ignore them.

3. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Exactly, this new feature is downright embarrassing for some hubbers.  It SHOULD be a PRIVATE matter with the individual hubber.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 16 months ago

I didn't realise until I read this other thread Elsie. Check it out.
    http://hubpages.com/literature/answer/2 … -the-total

Elsie Hagleyposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I didn't see that before, thanks for pointing me to it I will follow it.

3. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 16 months ago

I saw if a few hours ago, too, Elsie, after reading Missy Smith's Q&A post, like Jodah. I don't understand it at all, as I already posted in the Q&A. It doesn't seem to serve a good purpose to out people about how unfeatured they are.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 16 months ago

Wow, I hadn't noticed this.  This is horrible! I have a very low percentage of hubs featured compared to the total, but that was because HubPages (Simone) said that if something was unfeatured, you could just leave it alone.  No need to jump through hoops to feature it again. Since HubPages was unfeaturing things that Google did not send traffic to, it wouldn't matter, and hopefully Google would see the overall quality of my portfolio as higher.  I did edit a few if I could think of a way to make it better, but mostly I left it alone.

Now I feel like I am being punished by taking staff's advice.  Sure, I could edit them all, make a small change, and get them featured for just a little while.  But that would defeat the whole purpose of why they were unfeaturing the article in the first place!

working