jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. 0
    deanstar888posted 7 years ago

Hi everyone ! Im pretty new to this and am probably going to bring up a much repeated subject on Google rankings.
    I have noticed that a few of topics I have written have made the first page of Google..one out of 50 000 000 results. 2 days later they were gone while a couple of others have hung in there.
    What is the reason for this...anyone ?
    Do they eventually bounce back up ?
    Is there a common sense formula ? Patience ??
    Your enlightenment would be much appreciated. Regards, Deano.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

The formula is so complicated that I can't even begin to understand it let alone to explain it. I have experienced fluctuations of up to three pages on a site I have run in the past and I definitely understand your frustration with the algorithm!

Experience tells me that in general my rankings did jump back up *unless* I was looking at a highly competitive keyword. I had one site with which there was some very hefty competition because the site's owner used some black hat methods of getting higher rankings (and I still wonder how Google didn't figure that out when I was all white hat!).

The main thing is to remain patient. Give it a couple of weeks and if necessary tweak your hub. Check to see what your summary of your site is (in Google) and how it compares to the others. Use any number of keyword tools that have been suggested here on Hubpages (on the forums and in hubs) and then tweak, if necessary.

If you're on the first page, you're doing really well. I try not to worry about first place any more than necessary. Anything in the first five pages will get noticed, but the higher up you are the better.

Not sure if any of that helped, but I wish you the best of luck!

3. 0
    deanstar888posted 7 years ago

Thanks for that...it definitely makes sense. In my cases the ones that have gone off the radar are nowhere to be found after a brief visit to page 1. Maybe they will magically reappear given time ?? I will tweak them as you suggested. Cheers !

4. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

They may magically reappear if there's not a lot of competition - or you can go out and build anchored backlinks to the hub - that should get you a consistent ranking. But it can take up to 6 months for you to get a consistent ranking as the backlinks can take that long for Google to count them. http://lissowerbutts.com/earning-passiv … backlinks/

5. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I have always found that the best way to build backlinks is forums on which I am *active*. My hubpages profile link is in my signature on one forum on which I was/am active, for example. If I had a hub that was very specific to the content of the forum, I might feature that in my signature. Every time you post, you add a back link. I questioned this until I checked it.

The other way to do this is by commenting on blogs. This is a very, very slow method of obtaining backlinks and you need to be really dedicated. There is no point in doing it if you aren't going to comment thoughtfully. I gave up on this method because it takes more time than the writing of the articles in the first place, and I would rather obtain *organic* backlinks to my pages.

6. ajayrjha profile image61
    ajayrjhaposted 7 years ago

To maintan your ranking, you have to do do two things:
    1. populate your link on website and
    2. keep writing unique content
    3. If you know any thing about SEO then its improve your ranking

Please check my website and hubs if you are really intrested.
    Please join my fan club if you have time.

1. Lissie profile image85
      Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1. not sure I know what you mean by that - again in English?
      2. not true
      3. statement not action point.

Build backlinks to your hubs which are anchored on your keywords.