jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

problem with choosing a category

1. jerryjackson profile image61
    jerryjacksonposted 7 years ago

I discovered lately that most of my topics do not fall into any of the available categories. i decided to choose hubpages- hub about hub- favorite hub. Does my present choice of category has any effect on my hub score? Please help me out with this.

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Look I am not sure about the Hubscore but putting your Hub in correct category will help visitors get to your Hub easily when they are searching for it here on Hubpages and it will also help search engines crawl to yor Hub faster.

2. Feline Prophet profile image61
      Feline Prophetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I often find myself facing the same problem - perhaps a 'Miscellaneous' category could be created for hubs that don't fit any other of the current categories.

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Category has no effect on HubScore.

2. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

I'm still puzzled that Genealogy is a sub-category under "Home & Family".  Better than having it under "Hobbies" which where it is in some online directories, but it (or "Family History") should be a main category.

3. jerryjackson profile image61

thanks to all of you that have stopped by to give me a helping hand, i do appreciate your help. i think that this issue should be looked into.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I agree it's very frustrating. I had an idea for a hub, but when I couldn't find any appropriate category just put it on the back burner. Maybe I just should have been bolder and stuck it somewhere, but that didn't seem the thing to do.

I think each of the categories should have a subcateogry such as "Other Topics"

Perhaps there should be a "Thought Provoking" category. I bet this group of hubbers could fill that one up quickly!

1. JamaGenee profile image86
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe after you write it, you'll see an appropriate category. Also, the category you're looking for may be a sub-category, like Genealogy is sub of Home & Family.

But I do like your idea of "Other Topics"! cool

5. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

We made our category structure very flexible so that we can easily create new categories if it is warranted. If you want to write about a topic that is genuinely missing, just let us know and we will create a category for it.

6. jerryjackson profile image61

Thanks, these are already published hubs please create a category for each of them because i am not satisfied with the one i chose for them.
    MY CHOICES
    PREPARING FOR THE BIG ONE
    THE FIRST TIME-THE HARDEST OR THE EASIEST
    I am waiting for your replies thanks.

working