jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Support for all Bubblewers

1. DasEngel profile image62
    DasEngelposted 11 months ago

I understand that you're going through a period of loss and distress. We, being a responsible online community, stand with you to support you. Nothing is permanent, not even website-death. So, with spirits high and a song in your heart, give your online lives a whole new start.

2. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 11 months ago

I will be so glad when the furor over Bubblews dies down and it is no longer a hot topic. I am sure that Twitter must be exploding with comments right now.

3. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 11 months ago

Thanks for the support, by the way.

4. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 11 months ago

It seems Arvind took a break from his job at McDonald's to share his final musings.  Ummm... This is the only disturbing part, because it has some truth to it:

"The climate for display advertising has drastically changed and made it impossible for us to sustain the business model and operations"

I am sorry for all of the people who had such faith in this model even after things went very wrong June/July 2014.

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 months ago

I do feel sorry for people who invested a lot of time and effort in Bubblews, but my sympathy is tempered by the fact that any Hubbers who were still writing there SHOULD have known better!

Right from the very start of Bubblews, more experienced writers were warning on this forum to beware - it couldn't last.  Many of us did jump on the gravy train while it was running, but none of us were surprised when the payment levels were suddenly and drastically cut to more realistic levels.

It was only a matter of time before the owners worked out they would never recoup the heavy losses they incurred by paying such ridiculous rewards in the early stages.  I'm a little surprised it took them this long, frankly.

1. DasEngel profile image62
      DasEngelposted 11 months ago in reply to this

6. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 11 months ago

The only reason I could see for the payment levels that they tried to maintain when they HAD to know that they were making a major loss was that they were hoping to sell a "mega site" with so many users and views..

But they failed to make a sale as no one was that stupid when it comes to investing millions so they died a death........

All of us that tried to point this out were all quickly silenced on the site and banned lol...

Sad for all of the users that were taken in by these people......

7. DasEngel profile image62
    DasEngelposted 11 months ago