jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs about Hubs advice

1. Adam Harkus profile image60
    Adam Harkusposted 16 months ago

I'm onto my 4th Hub about "A Trip to Goa". Parts 1,2 and 3 all being separate hubs.

Should I create a 'Parent' hub containing a summary and links to the parts ? If so what's the best way to go about this ?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Adam,

I would like to mention that we strongly discourage putting things like "Part __" or "Chapter __" in your Hub's title. Google looks down on this practice and readers prefer a complete stand-alone resource. I recommend getting rid of those words and just leaving the descriptions (for example, you may change "A Trip to Goa : Part 1 - Mumbai" to "Trip to Goa: Mumbai."

Since each of your Hubs will completely cover the part of your trip that they refer to in the title (and readers will be able to find the parts they're interested in easily by searching for terms like "Mumbai" or "Baga," it should be unnecessary to create a summary Hub.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi Christy
        I know this is off the subject but just wondered if there is something which can be done about old threads like the one shown below on this page ' Related Discussions'?
        In my humble opinion threads like these which are so out of date and so poorly written should be removed.

2. Adam Harkus profile image60

With respect, the story is not really about 'Mumbai' or 'Baga' etc. Its about the journey. I want readers to start from the beginning and be able to know the sequence, so what other way can I do this other than including the chapter number in the title?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Most readers would care more about themselves than about your trip, so you have to tell them in a way that they can relate to.  What's in it for them?  They may not specifically follow the path you did, but you could tell them about the adventures you had in a particular area, or about a particular topic.

3. Adam Harkus profile image60

Fair comment, I'll look into how i can rework it.

4. Adam Harkus profile image60

Hi Christy,

On your advice I've now took out references to 'Parts' on my heading, The description contains the part number anyway so hopefull this'll now be more google friendly.

Thanks for all your advice, I'll look into breaking up the paragraphs later.

working