jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Pinterest traffic permanently destroyed (?)

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 14 months ago

Sure beginning to look that way for me. I have a group of hubs almost entirely dependent on Pinterest for traffic. Flies are now crawling all over those hubs...

How are others Pinterest-dependent hubs doing? Can anything be done?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Add another image to the hub and pin it.  But only if you are already using Pinterest judiciously and not solely pinning images from HP.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I agree. I think re-pinning is better than editing the existing pins.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I HEREBY RETRACT THIS OP AND THREAD TITLE.

Whatever was wrong with my Pinterest traffic before must have been a temporary lull. My Pinterest traffic is once again back to its usual level. Glad I stuck a "?" in that title!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 14 months ago

I'm seeing the opposite - traffic from Pinterest has actually picked up for me of late.... not a ton, but it struck me as odd because I never used to get any traffic from there, now all of a sudden I'm actually getting some random "P" hits (that sounds.... wrong) here and there... I don't know how it started but I ain't arguing with it. (shrugs)

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 14 months ago in reply to this

You're getting some P action, lol.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 14 months ago in reply to this

Lol

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 14 months ago in reply to this

That sounds even wrong-er! big_smile

2. Keino C profile image80
      Keino Cposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I too have been getting some "P" action as of late smile. I don't only use Pinterest for HP. I have been using it for a while now and have a few followers. I will be looking more into this and post my findings if i think they will be useful for us as Hubbers.

Thumbs up*

3. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 14 months ago

In the interests of full disclosure and fairness, my Pinterest traffic has rebounded somewhat. I don't know why, since I haven't started doing any repinning of the new URL's yet. I'm still going to do that though.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 14 months ago

I get daily e-mails that 'so-and-so' liked or re-pinned your pin, "xxxx."

However, I pin a lot of things from sources outside HP, and some from here, and precious few of my own articles, as I thought that was sort of frowned upon.

I get very little traffic from Pinterest, and never have.  I use it more as a bookmarking service for things to which I myself wish to refer back, particularly recipes.  wink  (Not that I do a lot of cooking.. lol )

working