Payment timing...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 months ago

This is something I find confusing. 

I understand that there is a month delay in timing between earnings and payout,.So since I met the payout threshold in September, I got my payment in October.  Correct so far?

Then, I see an amount earned in October.  Am I to presume that will be added onto the November earnings, for the next payout, (at whatever point in the future that occurs), and that it was not included in the October payment?

I don't fully understand the reason for the delay.  I worked for 3 years in the accounts payable department of a major national bakery firm.  For their big vendors, from whom they bought the ingredients in huge quantities, there was a 'pay in 30-days' payment schedule.

However, for small 'mom and pop' local vendors for miscellaneous items, the payment schedule was on receipt of billing.

I submit that we authors are the little 'mom and pop' folks, and should receive our earned payments upon meeting the threshold, and not 30 days later.

1. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You get paid on the 28th of the month following when you've reached the minimum payout of $50. If you're showing earnings for October and there's no deduction beneath it, reflecting your last check, it will be included in your next check, however long that takes. Your earnings are accrued (built up) monthly until you reach the minimum payout.

In other words, if your earnings in October and November meet or exceed the minimum, you'll be paid on the 28th of December.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 months ago

I thunk the sheer scale of the payees means a little extra time prevents unnecessary delays and errors.  Especially as Hubpages themselves do not instantaneously have the money in their own account.