jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Important Myths about Weight Loss and Weight Gain

1. symptombronchitis profile image62
    symptombronchitisposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Important Myths about Weight Loss and Weight Gain (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Given a quick scan and while the info in the hub seems useful, my first impression is that it looks a bit spammy.

Have you taken this text from elsewhere? Some of it appears to come from an article in the Washington Post. In fact, a lot of of the text appears elsewhere on the web. It looks like you have cobbled it together from various places, in which case it won't pass QAP as it isn't original.

Some of the writing is in a journalistic style whereas other parts are quite badly written, as in, "No weight loss may be the outcome of compensatory decreases in a few other physically activities- for example crumbling on the couch for a couple hours..." This makes me think that the piece is not wholly your own work. How does one crumble, by the way?

You haven't credited the images correctly - you must have permission to use them and include a link to the source.

1. symptombronchitis profile image62
        symptombronchitisposted 14 months ago in reply to this

If i use the link source i get accused of promoting other sites so i cant use any source. thank for your advice

1. theraggededge profile image93
          theraggededgeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

If you have permission to use the images or if they have a Creative Commons license, you *should* always link to the source. If you don't, then the images will be considered to be stolen and your hub runs the risk of being unpublished.

See here for clarification: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

In any case, your text looks as though it has been copied which is a violation of the Terms & Conditions:

"You may only use Hub Content to which You have the necessary rights, including (but not limited to) intellectual property rights regarding copyright, trademark, and trade secrets. This means, among other things, that You must have permission to use third party content from the content owners."

Have you permission from the Washington Post to republish their content?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 14 months ago in reply to this

The caption section for an image model has a place especially designed to take a link.  There is no penalty for using it.

working