jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Do Hubpages Need Link Ads and Image Ads

1. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

Are Image ads worth the space they take and time to display.

Now about Link Ads. Links display more relevant ads than Text Ads. But, even if they get clicks, are they profitable?

So i came up with the question -

"Do Hubpages Really Require Link Ads and Image Ads"

1. Trsmd profile image61
      Trsmdposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What is Link Ads and Image Ads..?

2. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Well it is there website, so I am sure they will decide to run a variety of ads that are the most profitable.  I would not even worry about this.

1. 0
      shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sweetie You are completely wrong this time. It is our site, everyones site. Without Authors and content can any webmaster survive.

So to increase the revenue potential which can benefit each of us, we should start thinking that it is our site and give opinions that can add more dollars in your pocket.

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As long as HubPages Inc own the domain name and host the site and keep providing us with the tools, it is their site. Community feedback is good. But they get the final say.

As for the type of ads and the placement... right or wrong (and they're usually more right than wrong) HubPages will rely on their proprietary software YieldBuild to manage their ad channels, types and placement.

1. JamaGenee profile image87
          JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

darkside, I wholeheartedly agree!

2. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you on this Sweetiepie. I have so much else to think about, that it's great to have someone else thinking about this end of things.

3. Tracker Frost profile image60
    Tracker Frostposted 7 years ago

Darkside, you're arguing semantics.  "hubpages inc." may technically own the site, but it is "our site".  Like Shin said, if all the writers up and left, they'd be the owners of nothing, and would have to close shop eventually. 

"Its my store" is the same kind of thinking that puts a lot of small business owners out of business.  Sure its your store, but do you really want to alienate all your customers?

In answer to the OP, I'm not sure.  I do assume that they're working to maximize the ads, since that's how they make their revenue as well as ours.

1. JamaGenee profile image87
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There's no "may technically own the site" about it. They DO own the site. And it's not a store where we're the customers. It's a house - theirs - and while we're under their roof - rent free - we follow their rules.

It's called a symbiotic relationship: an American company set it up so that we can publish our stuff here, and our stuff hopefully is good enough that advertisers want to place ads here.  HP Inc makes money, advertisers make money, and we make money.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

1. Tracker Frost profile image60
        Tracker Frostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're arguing as if the OP said, "Why can't we get rid of these ads, I don't want them on my Hubs."  Nobody's trying to "break the rules", it was asked if both types of ads are really required on the Hub.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Tracker, it would be beneficial to you to poke around and understand how things work over here, before jumping into discussions smile

For starters, read Darkside's post above, then search forums for yieldbuild, and read help...

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I don't mind them. But then again, my hubs are mostly text. I can see people with mostly pictures being annoyed by them.