jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Odd EMail, Odd Hubber

1. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I received an e.mail (in my personal e.mail account, which is the e.mail address I have listed with HubPages.  It starts with "Hey" and then gives a blurb about - of all things - ovarian cysts.  It does end the e.mail with "just visit us at ovariancystatoz.com". 

This is the "Hubber":

<snipped - taken care of>

If you click on that you just get another version of the same ovarian cysts blurb as a profile.  No hubs.  No anything else.

Does anyone think I ought to be concerned for any reason?   I'm pretty ignorant about how "funny things" are done.  Maybe they're just an add for themselves?  (I didn't go to the dot com thing.)

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info, I haven't even had a chance to check , e-mails, I am gone 24 hours and good grief things change.sad

2. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

I got the same thing. I sent it the way of all spam!

3. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Suggest (if you haven't already done) you report to HubPages staff via the 'report' button at the end of your post.  They will then close down the offending account.

4. Lisa HW profile image83

5. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

yeah me too - its spam - just click spam at the bottom of their email and hubpages will remove them

6. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Maddie sings:

and dances barefoot around the office.  Minus the dancing part.  It's frickin' hot today.

7. Herald Daily profile image81
    Herald Dailyposted 7 years ago

I got that one too, as well as 3 from someone who wants me to buy personal gifts from a particular site.  All of them were definitely spammy.

8. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I just got one a few minutes ago. It's hilarious:

Titled: We saw you on Hubpages, Would you like to work under us?

LOL. They'll use your article whether they pay you or not.

1. JamaGenee profile image89
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The sad thing is, some people will be stupid enough to send the articles, then wait around for a check...

9. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 7 years ago

Looks like the dude has an ovarion cyst on it's forehead!!

10. Lisa HW profile image83

It did kind of strike me that it's an odd way to market an "ovarian cyst" site.  I've gotten my share of spam, like everyone else, but this one was really weird.

It's so much less creepy to hear from the British Ministers of Big Bucks (who have millions of dollars waiting for me to claim), and the family members of the Nigerian princes who were hit by a car and left me their wealth (for some reason I'll never understand).  I just wanted other Hubbers to know that if I would attend some of my much neglected business matters, I'd be one very wealthy Hubber (and maybe even royalty).   (I just hope I don't have some ovarian cyst that only someone on the Internet knows about.)   smile