jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: “Alex as Artist“ with Commentary

1. Maya Shedd Temple profile image86
    Maya Shedd Templeposted 14 months ago

Greetings, Hubber Friends,

OK, folks what is the problem with this one?  I have others like it that have passed.  Why not this one? 

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process.

Will you please give feedback on my Hub “Alex as Artist“ with Commentary.

What can I do to improve? Thanks! Really appreciate your feedback!

Blessings,
    Linda Sue Grimes (Maya Shedd Temple)

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 14 months ago

HubPages has always frowned on self-promotion.  Writing about yourself in third-person and promoting your own book is going to hang you up when it comes to passing the QAP.

Maya Shedd Templeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

You may be correct, but as I said, I have posted such pieces before and they passed.  Also, I thought there was no problem with putting a link to one's book on Amazon.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Have to go look it up.

Anyway, thanks, Relache, for the response.

Blessings,

3. innerspin profile image86
    innerspinposted 14 months ago

I had a quick look at this hub. The first impression was that it's not visually appealing. The spacing of words in the poem mean single letters are left hanging on the next line, interrupting flow. Or was that deliberate?

Maya Shedd Templeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

You make a useful point, Innerspin.  The text was accurate on my screen, but I have a 27 inch Mac .  I have reformatted the lines to try to accommodate smaller screens.  I will have to link off-site, I guess, to showcase how the poem as a sonnet is supposed to look. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea those lines were spilling off incorrectly.

Blessings,

working