jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes, Rats and House Insect

1. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 11 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes, Rats and House Insects Naturally. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I would seriously reconsider the whole article. DEET has been reviewed time and time again and there is no evidence it causes real problems in adults besides rashes in sensitive individuals.

Faulty protection against mosquitoes is a real problem in areas with malaria. Citronella works for 30 to 60 minutes- not great, especially when you are sleeping.

2. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 11 months ago

1. Too commercial. Too many Amazon capsules. One or two tried and tested, personally recommended products per hub  is sufficient to help the reader solve their problem. Explain why you chose that product and why it was helpful. Then readers may click on your ad.

2. Your title:
    If I have a problem with rats, I'm not going to Google "How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes, Rats and House Insects Naturally" b.t.w. mosquitoes are house insects.

3. Getting rid of rats should be a separate hub as it is a separate issue. If I want a solution to my rat problem, I am not interested in reading 1500 words on mosquitoes before finding an answer. If I google "how to get rid of mosquitoes", I might not have rats and vice versa so re-think your title to answer a real Google search. Be more specific to a real Google query in your title.

4. And lastly, have a native English person check your spelling and grammar as your English is obviously not your first language. For example, don't start every sentence with "The" as in "The people ..." just write "People..." etc. Lavander should be lavender etc.

3. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 11 months ago

Your article is very much informative. But, too many products mar the picture. You should go through the suggestions recommended by Sue Adams.
    I think, the title can be changed as " How to get rid of mosquitoes, rats and other home insects naturally". Remove 'house' word and place "other home".
    Then, regarding the product capsules of amazon and ebay, place only two amazon capsules and one ebay capsule. Remove all other capsules.
    I suggest you to make a separate hub on rats if you can. Then, you can remove 'rats' word from the title also.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 11 months ago

I think people should avoid hubs about serious health issues. I live in a country plagued by mosquitoes with malaria in certain areas and dengue everywhere. A balanced view which included the advantages of DEET would be wiser.

This page looks like a ploy to sell certain products by scaring people away from the most effective insect repellent available.