jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

low or no performing hubs

1. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 11 months ago

Is there any advantage in deleting one's low or non-performing Hubs?

1. Snakesmum profile image89
      Snakesmumposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Not really!   The hubs may just be undergoing a seasonal slump, or be quite new and have not reached their potential yet.

If you have Adsense, or are trying to earn from HP, the more hubs you have the better.

You could try editing them and bringing them up to date - it could help with your traffic.

Unless you have another site to move them to, why not just let them stay?  Things can always improve.

Just saying.....

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 months ago in reply to this

The question asks in essence is there a shelf life regarding inventory. Considering both a Feature and Unfeature status today at HP the answer would be No. Inferred is a cost. Gigabytes are cheap today. From that point forward is great discussion alluded to with traffic specific to a Hub. That is a big question with the quest of strategy. Many here are much more experienced than I. I just study it. I could bat around ideas . . . 

BTW . . . I found interest at your Hubs since diagnosed as bipolar and also PTSD. I bat around the idea of writing on those from a survivor perspective whereas yours is a professional position.

3. ronbergeron profile image93
      ronbergeronposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Deleting a low-performing Hub only guarantees that it will never become a high-performing Hub. Since you've already gone through the effort of writing and posting it, keep it on-line and try to make some adjustments that will increase its visibility.

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 11 months ago

You should ask yourself first why they are "low performing".

Looking at your titles I would guess that few people are actually searching for the keywords that are within your titles. It may be worthwhile using various keyword tools to see what sort of keywords people are using around your subject areas and modifying titles and some of your content accordingly if you want to gain traffic.
    You may also want to consider competition, there are probably more authoritative sites than Hubpages that are ranking for your subject area. Although hopefully some of the changes recently made to the structure here may help. Long term however you may want to create your own site and build your own authority within your subject area.

3. mtariqsattar profile image77
    mtariqsattarposted 11 months ago

One wonders, if it makes sense in removing non-performing hubs.

4. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 11 months ago

In light of all the recent changes around here (the sabotage to our subdomains) it is too early for these people to give you advice which may be wrong. Yes, deleting a low performing hub guarantees it will never be a high performer. It may also guarantee that none of them are ever able to garner a decent number of page views.
    I can only tell you what has been true in the past. When I picked those hubs that are performing terribly, and deleted them, my other hubs performed a lot better. If I only had a few hubs this may be different, as Google cannot judge someone with a small body of work. (I cannot tell you an absolute number, but in your case I would not delete more than 14.)
    My traffic is better than most, but only after I picked those early hubs that were not performing well and deleted them from my body of work.
    (If you would like to get a lot more helpful opinions on this subject scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the forum I started about how to tell which hubs are the worst.)
    note: You might want to hold off and bring this subject up again in 6 months when people know more about this new HP system.

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I have to agree with Dr.Mark. I don't delete a hub unless it's been up for about a year or two, because sometimes it takes a long time for a hub to be noticed and to get readers. If after that amount of time I only see a few hundred readers though, I delete it. When I take those down, my better hubs do better. I usually publish a new hub each time I delete any old, badly performing ones, so it doesn't kick off any alarm bells, or unfeatures everything, or other horrors.