jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is the google's new panda algorithm responsible for traffic decline

1. akshay199325 profile image56
    akshay199325posted 19 months ago

The googles 's new algorithm has declined the traffic in many sites. So how can we come up from this

2. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 19 months ago

I suggest no, given that similar sites to HP (e.g answers) have not suffered as similar decline during November. Cause is restructure of HP to eliminate subdomains. Plus possible residual Panda impact post-subs in response to the new stricture with 22 subs/silos/folders based on top level categories.

http://www.wotisnew.com/combo.jpg

3. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 19 months ago

I keep hoping this decline is temporary and due to the restructuring of the site.

1. janderson99 profile image84
      janderson99posted 19 months ago in reply to this

That is my hope as well, but the steady decline could signal an additional panda impact (post-subs) as the new pages get indexed and cached using the new structure and directory. Most of my pages have been re-indexed and re-cached many time during the last month. My stats page shows a sea of blue arrows with a tiny few red ones. Updating and renewing pages has made little difference to traffic (all my hubs show a 2015 date anyway). Time will tell. My pessimistic prediction is that traffic will flatten out about 15-20% below Oct 1015 levels due to residual Panda impact. I hope this is wrong!

1. NateB11 profile image94
        NateB11posted 19 months ago in reply to this

The low traffic is lasting a bit longer than I was expecting, that's why I'm starting to worry. Too bad the restructuring and the Panda update occurred at the same time, makes it difficult to know what is causing the traffic problems.

4. mattforte profile image94
    mattforteposted 19 months ago

News flash: It's the holiday season.

Traffic goes down, forums get flooded with "zomg traffic" posts.

1. aa lite profile image91
      aa liteposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Funny, I think for many people this is the 'good' season. First of all black friday, cyber monday... for peeps who write amazon hubs these cpl of days should be super good. And the whole Christmas gift buying is the best time for make-money-online.

And the traffic has been declining throughout October and November. Does the holiday season really last for 3 months?

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 19 months ago in reply to this

I looked over my stats over a longer period than just a month and notice the dip in traffic is not that unusual and it's creeping back up. So, you're right.

5. profile image52
    rizwanyounis516posted 19 months ago

No, I don;t think so it will be probably working.

working