jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd Like Feedback On My Hub: How NOT to Stress Air Travel

1. Eric Seidel profile image93
    Eric Seidelposted 11 months ago

Hey ladies and gentlemen I tried to get this posted before the holiday season because I thought it could help people coup with the idea of flying. I like it, and tried to keep it simple (as in fewer than 1,500 words), but as usual my personal experiences had to bleed into it. Anyway what do you think of it? smile

1. mattforte profile image90
      mattforteposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I haven't even read the hub yet, and I already see a mistake.
      1,500 is the sweet spot. That's what you should be shooting for, not avoiding.

And now that I've skimmed through it:

"Let me just start by saying that I have never been outside the United States."

That's immediately discrediting yourself. Eliminate that line, as well as anything else making it about 'you'. This should be an informative article, not a personal blog post.

You might work on organization. It starts off with all of these numbers that don't seem relevant, then bounces around a bit. Eliminate the numbers....put like sections together with good subtitles (#7 and 8 for example could go under one section with a title involving "Luggage").
      These are things that make it more readable. You want it to seem like a legit "article" that you might be reading on an informative site - not like a click-bait article that will lose the reader's attention faster than you can count to three.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 11 months ago

"When your boarding group gets called make your way onto the plane. It will be a tight squeeze, but not as bad as say climbing into an APC or pushing past two fat women who are standing in the front of the bus."

This article reads like a humor or filler piece, not something offering genuine travel advice from an experienced traveler.

3. Azure11 profile image87
    Azure11posted 11 months ago

I'm not sure who you are aiming this hub at - it isn't serious enough to actually help people who are stressing about air travel and for this the first part of it I would say is irrelevant but it's also too much of a mix of serious and tongue in cheek to be a funny article. Also if it is aimed at those people worried about air travel then maybe don't mention blood clots killing you and stuff like that, just keep to the facts use some of the stuff further down the article. Sorry just my opinion.