jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

How can I get a fan off of my fan club?

1. profile image60
    juana b goodposted 9 years ago

There is one guy who is on my fan club who has some content on his pages that I am not comfortable with.  How can I get him off?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

You can't remove anyone from being your fan. 

My personal complaint about fans is that I've always wanted to be able to delete fan messages (or comments) left for me which I find rude or contain objectionable language, but HubPages doesn't seem to think that only me being able to read them once they are denied is a problem.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 9 years ago in reply to this

you can delete their comments, just not their being your fan, they give you like a day to deny or accept and you can still deny their comments.. wonder why you cant delte fans, I'm sure it has something to do with google in some round about way (like it helps you to make more money or something so removing them would lower your algorythm or something? dunno just guessing..

3. profile image60

Thank you for your reply!

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

I guess it's pretty much like in real life - you can't pick and choose your fans smile They just happen...

5. profile image60

Thanks!

6. coolbreeze profile image9
    coolbreezeposted 9 years ago

Interesting enough  I have tons of inaccurate information published about me online.

I will never be able to get rid of that crap Never.   

Because you guys are all famous now you will have to deal with the fans. I can imagine if hubpages is around in ten years. 

What about when you get on   OPRA    Isabella  for your sexy blues stuff.

You will be wanting to delete some crazy fans then HA ha

If anyone sees my hubs and they mention you and you dont like what I say even if it is true I would probably delete it if you ask

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
      Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I sing under another name entirely. wink

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Not sure when we will get to this, but it's on the list.  You probably noticed that you have the ability to delete comments now, which was the biggest complaint.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't mind if people decide they want to be my fans, after all it just means that with each Hub I make, it's announced to a larger pool of people.

I'm very happy with the ability to be able to delete comments now, thanks, Paul!

What I'd rather see instead of the ability to delete fans is the ability to permanently stop specific people from commenting, fans or not.  There is a small but consistent bunch of people who can't spell or communicate in complete sentences, and one annoying character who just copies something from my Hub and then reposts it, who I'd like to never have to moderate ever again.

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
        Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yep, I was asking for this a week or so ago. Hope its possible, as the spam and self-promotion can really get out of hand with some people.

Id still like to be able to deny fans entirely, however, because the ones who do this would be made aware of when my hubs are published, and Id rather not give them notice.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image61

they have a nifty service for those people.. you just email paul or the other guy and they email the annoying tyrant to stop or bounce off hub pages.. its an extra step sure but works...

3. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Chances are you aren't the only one annoyed by these people.   Now that we have you all marking comments as spam and deleting ones that aren't adding value, we can mine the data from that across hubpages to take action against the people (or ip addresses) that frequently have comments removed or marked as spam.  We are still working on the implementation of this, but I think it will be a better long term solution than having hubber's individually blocking people.

8. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

So are you guys getting offensive messages from people?

My fans, of course, love me dearly and would never consider such a thing, big_smile

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61

ditto smile I do get grammer comments but thats a good thing lol...

9. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

Not offensive - just very blatant spam. I denied the fanmail from someone and he left the fanclub and then came back and left more.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

As they say over the pond, he must like you real bad.

10. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

How very redneck of you, Mark, lol. Prefer the English version, myself. tongue

11. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

That's great to hear, Paul!  When the spam/delete buttons went into effect, I went down my denied list and specified which messages really were spam.

working