jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How Do Report Someone To Hubpages

1. Triplet Mom profile image81
    Triplet Momposted 7 years ago

I am receiving email messages and suspect that others might be receiving similar and don't want others scammed by this person.  How should I report them to hubpages?

1. countrywomen profile image77
      countrywomenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried sending a email to team@hubpages.com or message through http://hubpages.com/email/help/

and also in the email that you receive there is a option to Report this message as spam or abuse

2. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are they sending it through the HubPages system?

If so, down the bottom is a link titled SPAM. Click on that.

I think it tracks and logs the offending email, a staff member from HubPages HQ checks it out (I assume they have a copy of it on their system) and they deal with accordingly.

It wasn't that twit wanting to pay $3 to $5 for articles was it? And they'd still use your article even if you were rejected.

1. sunstreeks profile image82
        sunstreeksposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just gave him a piece of my mind. How ridiculous to ask for someone to send a sample of their work to them for free, when they found the author.. through samples of their work.

Just came on here to see if anyone else had encountered Joey Lue before posting a warning.. Looks like I am not the first.

1. darkside profile image82
          darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Checking out his profile, it would seem that he started contacting people within moments of registering at HubPages.

Maybe HubPages can report him to Yahoo (where he has his email account) and get him banned there too.

2. RKHenry profile image81
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

Have you tried emailing hubpages?  I can't remember the email address, but maybe someone can post it here for you. 

I'd contact hubpages and let them know what's going on.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

For run of the mill emails, the best thing to do is just click the "spam" or "abuse" links at the bottom of the email.  We'll be notified and deal with the offending user, especially if there are multiple reports.  If it's particularly offensive, personal, or troubling you can forward the email to team@hubpages.com if you like.

4. Triplet Mom profile image81
    Triplet Momposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for your responses.  I will do just that.  I did not see the spam link!!

5. mandybeau profile image59
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

They will be alot worse if you report them, just get rid.