jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Leaving HubPages

1. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 17 months ago

I just want to let all of those following me that as of December 15, 2015, I will be closing my HubPages account.

I have found the time I need to work on my novels (and advertising for them) precludes me from further involvement on HubPages. It has been interesting but not particularly profitable; whereas I have made more money, more quickly with my novels. Between now and the 15th, I'll be pulling my Hubs down and wrapping up things here.

Thank you for your support and some interesting debates.

Jayfort

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I wish you the best of luck in the future.

1. profile image0
        Jayfortposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Barbara!

2. mattforte profile image92
      mattforteposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Well that doesn't make any sense.

I haven't written a hub in years. But I see no reason to close my account. I still get regular paychecks...and even if I made considerably less than I do on a monthly basis....even if it was like...$1 a month...I'd still not close it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 17 months ago

I agree with Matt. Your Hubs need no maintenance apart from a quick check once a month for broken links or unFeaturing. And there's absolutely no obligation to be active in the community - internal traffic is such a tiny part of our readership, you  don't need to feel you're letting anyone down if you step away from all that. Just turn off your notifications.

1. profile image0

Hi Marisa,

I appreciate the thought but there are a number of other reasons behind my leaving that I just didn't want to get into. Since I own the content, I'm considering turning my Hubs into an e-book.

Thanks!

Jayfort

3. profile image51
    rizwanyounis516posted 17 months ago

I wish you best of luck for your novels in future. Stay blessed Jayfort.

1. profile image0

Thanks!

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 17 months ago

Have you considered the value of the established links you have between HP and your site Jay?

You have an interesting portfolio here and one that can always drive traffic to your other endeavors if you let them work for you.

As with investing, hubs should be approached from the same perspective as equities - irrespective of market rises and falls, take a longer term approach and allow the quality of the stock to develop and earn to its greatest potential.

I'm sure there are many of us here who have actually seen the best performance of some of our hubs occurring After our initial 36 months (3 years) of membership. Good Luck either way.

5. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 17 months ago

Hi Pearl,

I appreciate the thought but there are a number of other reasons behind my leaving that I just didn't want to get into. Since I own the content, I'm considering turning my Hubs into an e-book.

Thanks!

Jayfort

working