jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Sharing to Social Media

1. Chantelle Porter profile image91
    Chantelle Porterposted 11 months ago

How often do you share your articles to social media? Just once when it's published or changed? Just curious.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Whenever I see increased activity or when there is a related news story making the rounds. What with my always sharing news stories, my occasional sharing of a hub fits right in.

2. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 11 months ago in reply to this

Not very often and I don't share everything I write. But I have found that my articles are shared anyway, organically. At any rate, if I think it is an article for certain to be interesting to the audience where I share it, then I share it once.

3. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Whenever I write a hub, plus whenever something I have written in the past has relevance. I don't, however, think that sharing to social networks brings that much traffic. I think what social networks do (on occasion) is get your work picked up and shared elsewhere. And that can be steady traffic.

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 11 months ago

I shared every so often after a change or when the topic is relevant for the occasion.
    When we share, not everyone sees it so sharing it often,may get it in front of more eyes...but not everyday! ;-)

3. livingelysian profile image87
    livingelysianposted 11 months ago

I share when the hub is featured. Then if it is a good time for the topic to be brought  up again, I will share.

4. carolynkaye profile image97
    carolynkayeposted 10 months ago

Usually I share it on all my social media after publishing it. Occasionally I post something relevent like recipies that are popular around the holidays.

5. Chantelle Porter profile image91
    Chantelle Porterposted 10 months ago

Thanks for all the input. You've given me some great suggestions.

6. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 10 months ago

I spend a few minutes each day sharing to twitter google and pinterest. Either my hubs or other peoples. You may have a lot of followers on say twitter, but some may have missed one of your articles that they like, and you may have missed theirs.

Apart from sharing them it gives them a boost and doesn't stay stagnant so to speak. sometimes one of my hubs has taken off for the day as though someone is researching something, so its well worth tweeting and pinteresting most days.

1. Chantelle Porter profile image91
      Chantelle Porterposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input. I wasn't sure how often you could post without Google thinking it's spam. Now I know it's OK.

1. tsmog profile image85
        tsmogposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I do not think 'Google' even sees it being shared. I keep in mind the etiquette of each site more so my followers and who they are. I have over 300 hundred and know probably 20-30%?? are actively sharing anything, although they themselves may not read it. Many (50-100?) are X-Hubbers with their blogs and websites today. Very few are actively publishing now at HP. A trend is they share as I when their article hits the streets. Then it is read and shared by 'some' other follower. After a day or more I never see it again.

I have little experience with informational Hubs. With those I have had more success with twitter. However, there I followed businesses, interest groups, and individuals with a specific interest. They seem to share at a greater rate. My hope it is to those of the same interest where my article has greater potential. It seems to work, even though I only have two articles of 7 to play with.

I really have not tracked pinterest. I keep my eye on trends there once in awhile.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 10 months ago in reply to this

How many views would you consider 'having taken off?"

7. wlrahilly profile image77
    wlrahillyposted 10 months ago

Yes I would say, I share when I first publish and then later on if I start seeing a decrease in traffic.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 months ago

Me, personally?  Almost never. Mostly I share is someone brings up a topic my hub if actually relevant to.  Or if I am very bored.

9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 months ago

Rarely. It's my reader's job to share and I'm far too lazy to do it for them, LOL