jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: John Snow - Whitewalker or What?

1. Kim Shilling profile image61
    Kim Shillingposted 17 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub John Snow - Whitewalker or What? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Two major problems:

1. Too short. You need at least 1000 words, and preferably more.

2. Copyright images. A couple even have copyright symbols on them. You should only use images that are legally in the public domain (not just found via Google) and/ or have a Creative Common license. Unfortunately, you are unlikely to find GoT free-to-use photos. Even stills taken from a screen are still copyright.

1. Kim Shilling profile image61
        Kim Shillingposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to solve out this problem...

2. Jeramey Conrad profile image86
      Jeramey Conradposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Third major problem:

3. You are writing about a character whose name you don't even know how to spell -- that doesn't inspire confidence for anyone familiar with the show or books that you would be an authoritative source on the subject. It's Jon Snow.

3. EricDockett profile image94
      EricDockettposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Aside from the other significant issues already mentioned: You have a link telling people go to a Blogspot site to download GoT.  Big no no. Even if it's a legal download (???) and even if your site is highly related to your Hub, (again, I have no idea) I'd think the anchor text with the word "download" would be enough to get your Hub dinged.

1. DrMark1961 profile image90
        DrMark1961posted 17 months ago in reply to this

The avatar that is shown at the top of this hub is not even the person that wrote this; that, to me, indicates someone out spamming for the afternoon. The download issue you pointed out is probably the way he/she is planning on ripping people off/planting malware.

working