jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Why is my human cloning hub not working?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
    TessSchlesingerposted 16 months ago

I can always tell from the numbers immediately after I write something whether a hub is going to work in the long run or not.

I had thought that a hub about human cloning would be of interest, especially as the head of a Chinese Cloning factory says they have the technology and could do it. The reason they weren't was because of the public outcry... Anyway, I thought it would be interesting.

Obviously, however, it's not. So either people aren't searching for it. Or I have the keywords wrong.

1.) What keywords would you use if you wanted to know more about cloning?
    2) Have I got it in the right group and does it affect it? HubPages»Education and Science»Life Sciences»Cell Biology
    3) Should I change the name of the company who does it to a more generic headline, i.e. Boyalife Group on the basis that people wouldn't really search for the company because people don't know it?

Interesting enough, the day after I wrote it, John Hopkins university came back to me and asked me to change one line. So they must have been searching for stuff about cloning. I was too embarrassed to ask them how they had found my article.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
      Kathryn L Hillposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I do not want to know a thing about this.
      At all.

Especially if it is possible.
      Stop, do not pass go.
      Step away from science.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 16 months ago

( I succumbed to curiosity.)
    <"One other market which Boyalife is invested in is the cloning of primates – monkeys. These would be used for researching disease, effectively lab animals. Some would consider the ethics of animals born in a lab, being experimented on in a lab, and dying in a lab.

CEO Xu states that there is very little difference between cloning a primate and cloning a human being. “The technology is already there,” he says. He also states that the only reason that Boyalife is not yet involved in cloning human life is that the possible backlash against the lab would be financially damaging.">

Good. Leave it at that.

This might be a great Forum thread, Tess.
    You can experiment with responses there,
    Right?

TessSchlesingerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You just made me laugh! You're not supposed to be looking at the contents of the article. You're supposed to be looking at it from an SEO point of view. But okay, so you would never search for it. I wonder how many other people feel that way.

So you wouldn't search for anything on cloning ever?

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 16 months ago

Can you change the title to something like  "Human Cloning and Modern Technology" and see what happens?

TessSchlesingerposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I like that. It is modern technology. Let me google that and see what comes up. smile

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 15 months ago

A couple possibilities occurred to me: One, the subject is already covered by highly reputable or subject specific sites and so you can't beat the competition for the keywords. Two, it's just going to take longer to see any significant traffic.

This means you'd have to Google your keyphrase and look at the competition.

As far as keyphrase goes, I'd say a probable search phrase that would be used would be something like, "Who is cloning people". Something kind of basic like that. Don't really know though, and in the past I've used keyword tools to figure that kind of thing out. However, if you want a quick and dirty method for finding keywords, check out Wrylilt's Hub on how to use Google Auto Suggest to find them. Or just type in some keywords into the search engine and see what the drop down auto suggest comes up with.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Actually, I just Googled "Who is clon...", and "Who is cloning humans" and "Who is cloning today", among others, popped up on auto suggest. When I choose "who is cloning humans", none of the results address that specific question in titles. The top result is Wikipedia. So, there's a couple ideas about the competition.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image92
      TessSchlesingerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

What you say is valid about it being a highly specialized topic. It is. Maybe it isn't to be. I didn't realize that Google still had an auto suggestion tool. I must be sleeping. Thanks. smile

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

No problem. I think it is still possible to get traffic to the Hub, I was just saying to use a keyphrase that is more likely to have a decent position in the search engine results pages.

TessSchlesingerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

OKay, I'll work on that. I wish there was a way of finding a decent topic that is guaranteed to draw traffc, but it's a hit and miss affair. Oh, well, I have to salvage from my hub what I can. Off to research more keywords, I am. sad Thanks for your help. smile

working