Recipe capsules...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 months ago

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but with less than a stellar reply.

It would be VERY helpful if we were allowed to have two recipe capsules within a single hub.

For example, a dish that requires a sauce, needs a second recipe capsule for the sauce recipe.

I, for one, would be annoyed to have to follow a link or a 'see my other hub' instruction to find the other part of two things that obviously belong together.

In another instance, a hub I am currently working on has some suggestions for using certain kinds of leftovers, two of which involve recipes.  It would be better if each could have its own recipe capsule, instead of having to use the old way of trying to format a recipe in a text capsule.  If uniformity in appearance is a HP goal, then having to use that method, certainly does not contribute to a uniform appearance within the hub.  Either both are in recipe capsules, or both are in the old text capsules for a like appearance, or one is in a recipe capsule and the other in a regular text capsule.  In any case it lacks uniformity across the entire HP platform, or even with the hub itself in the latter case.

Please give strong consideration to this idea.  I'm sure it would be easy to make a limit of 2, not more than 3 recipe capsules within a single hub.  (I have a dessert recipe, for example, that has 3 separate parts that end up as a unified whole.)  They each need their own recipe at the construction stage, and it would be ridiculous to have people chasing around to find the other pieces in other hubs, and as mentioned above, would look bad with mixed or "old-style" formatting.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Your suggestion is reasonable and requires the attention from HubPages staff. I do not remember how I prepared my recipe hub "South Indian breakfast recipe - Idli with Chutney". It has two recipes "idli" and "chutney". I incorporated two 'ingredient' capsules and two 'cook time' capsules in it. Just I confirmed it by checking the hub.