jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Healthy Living - Sleeping Well

1. Elsie Hagley profile image82
    Elsie Hagleyposted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Healthy Living  -  Sleeping Well. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Elsie,

It looks fine, though a little 'bitty', especially the section "Get into a Healthy Sleep Habit - Rest Easy". Could you tidy it up a little? Bring the explanatory sentence back into the bulleted paragraph.

I found some things that need attention:

Could you say why electronics cause sleep problems?

'About the Video above' - lower case V required

'Are you one off those that lie awake' - of, not off.

'Dozing', not 'dosing'.

'same thing happen again' - happens.

Could you explain why disturbed sleep affects weight? Just saying 'studies show' doesn't tell us why. Also, you should include references when making statements like that.

"Natural health through improved sleep, this would be of major benefits for our health and well-being in our waking life." This is clunky and doesn't mean very much.

'A relaxation techniques' - technique.

In your sleep routine, 'lights' has an unnecessary apostrophe.

You don't need to capitalize meals such as 'Beans on Toast'. Lower case is correct.
      "Eat a pot of yoghurt, is helps blood sugar levels..." it.

The other thing that nearly all people who write about sleep forget, is that to normalize your sleeping habits, you need to get up a little earlier. Even if you have had the worst night ever, always get up at the same time, say, 7am, and after a week or so you'll sleep much easier. Instead of focusing on the pre-bed routine, if you wake yourself earlier, you'll be collapsing into bed as a matter of course.

Hope that helps and I haven't been too nitpicky!

2. Elsie Hagley profile image82
    Elsie Hagleyposted 10 months ago

Thanks for all the suggestion, you are not nitpicky, I don't mind.
    Hope you have a great christmas.

3. myshortstories profile image60
    myshortstoriesposted 10 months ago

I think its a perfectly written hub,there is not a single fault i could find in it.Thank you for sharing such great tips.Have a great Christmas