I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub
Planning your budget trip to Switzerland (must be signed in to view).
What can I do to improve? Thanks!
I can understand everything you wrote,its just that Hubpages can be grammar nazi sometimes but you are certainly a talented writer
Most of your content is generic waffle and the little you say about Switzerland does not give any real advice. Reading your hub makes me wonder if you have ever actually visited Switzerland. The first three-quarters or so of the content is just padding that contains 0% useful information.
If I wanted advice to cut the costs of visiting Switzerland, I would be looking to find information on at least some of the following:
- Ways of travelling cheaply, are there options to save by booking tickets in advance, is it possible to buy carnets for local travels, etc.
- How to enjoy local cuisine without going over-budget. All you suggest is to self-cater, but that excludes the whole experience of discovering new taste experiences. Even if someone is forced to choose that soul-destroying, boring option, they would be looking at tips for what to buy in the shops that is typically Swiss, to get at least some of the Swiss eating experience.
- Cheap accommodation. All you do is say you prebooked for one resort. Is the resort perhaps paying for you slip their link into this hub? What other options are there? Is staying in B+B more or less economical than staying in hotels? Are there any schemes for staying in private homes? Are there camp sites that offer pre-erected tents? Could these be a budget alternative?
- What free events/places to visit/things to do are there to explore?
- What are the must-see, must-experience places/events that do cost money but provide something so unique that it would be criminal to miss out on them for the sake of economy?
That is the most in depth analysis of my hub and thanks a lot for all those insightful comments. This hub is based on my own experiences of the places I visited and you are right in the sense, I would need to do more research to look for more advises. One of the reasons I restricted to my experiences because that would allow me to talk with authenticity. But you are right cutting down on general information and focusing on the topic of PLAN and BUDGET should help making hub more useful. Your advice does help me a lot and thanks again for those valuable comments.
Firstly, HubPages demands a high standard of English with good grammar. Your English is not quite up to that standard, so that's something you need to work on.
Secondly, your Hub is too general. It talks about what people need to do, but doesn't explain how to do it. Most people know they need to decide on a place to start, and that they need to work out a budget - telling them that is just wasting their time. What they need is help on how to DO it. Be more specific, using your own personal experience. For instance, what process did you use to decide which area to use as a base? Why did you choose those places as your base? What was your budget and how did you work it out (give some figures as a concrete example).
Thanks Marisa for those valuable insights. It does seem that I have lot of room for improvement and it would need some effort. But then that's a great opportunity to improve my writing. Thanks for those tips on writing around the topic and talking through the actual process, giving practical examples. That makes lot of sense.The topic and contents should be in sync.
by Purches Power11 days ago
Hi Hubbers,This article has not passed QAP. Though it has a higher score than my previous articles. I have had no input as to why it hasn't passed, I've proofread it and the grammar is spot on, photos are available for...
by John Adebisi2 days ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Driving Home With Slogans. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Frik Harmse11 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Replacing the Tabata Protocol with....the Shortest Workout in the World." (must be signed in to...
by Tony Pascal13 days ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Beauty and women are two things that always come together (must be signed in to view). What can I do to...
by vinud3 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to get into a good mood when you feel low (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve?...
by Ivan2 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Croatia is a vacation paradise! (Makarska) (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve?...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.