jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

similar scores no matter what I do

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image88
    letstalkabouteducposted 15 months ago

Ugh! I'm getting frustrated. The scores I get for my hubs fall into such a narrow range. Surely, some are much better than others, but the scores don't reflect this. Surely, the ones I've written more recently are stronger than the ones I wrote when I first started. Why don't the scores reflect that improvement? The amount of time and research I put into a hub is not reflected in the score. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago in reply to this

That's because HubScore has nothing to do with quality. 

The best advice I can give is to ignore them.  I have no idea why HubPages even bothers with HubScore and HubberScore, because they are so inaccurate and cause so much anxiety and yet achieve nothing.

A couple of years ago we had a couple of lovely moderators who freely admitted the scores were all rubbish. However they did explain that HubPages didn't want to remove the scores until they could come up with something better.    We had a lively debate about it - until the founder of HubPages dropped in to say he LOVED  the scores.  End of debate.

letstalkabouteducposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa. That helps a lot.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 15 months ago

According to HubPages own explanation (http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … d_13970187), your Hub scores are most effected by the QAP process, reader consumption and interaction with your Hub, the length of the Hub and the number of comments it receives.

You'll notice your time and research are not accounted for in those metrics.

letstalkabouteducposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks!

3. wlrahilly profile image78
    wlrahillyposted 15 months ago

I'm not worrying about mine.  I noticed a drop in them last week only to see them all rise this weekend. I've also seen an increase in traffic so not sure if that has anything to do with it. My earnings went up too a little. :-)

working