jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

AdSense together with Amazon - do they work?

1. RikkiRay profile image83
    RikkiRayposted 10 months ago

I was wondering if you can use the Amazon (HubPages version) together with AdSense? I mean, I think there is something wrong with my accounts. I haven't earned anything, but the views in my AdSense are counting but no clicks. With the number I'm having, there should be at least few clicks. I am also using Amazon, which does make some money. Do they work together or do I have to choose just one?

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 10 months ago in reply to this

If you have the Amazon program activated, you will see earnings for it in your earnings reports.

You will see Adsense earnings from your Adsense account.

I'd advise you activate the HP Ad Program.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago in reply to this

You can't choose just one!   You MUST have Adsense in order to use any of the features of the HP Earnings Program.

If you have the HP Ads Program turned on, you'll earn little or nothing direct from Adsense.  What happens is that Adsense ads will appear as part of the HP Ads, and you get paid through HP.   There will be only one direct Adsense ad on the page, and that's right at the bottom of your Hub where most readers won't see it - hence no clicks.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Rikki,

As Marisa says, you must have AdSense enabled in order to earn from the HubPages Amazon Program. We do recommend also turning on the HubPages Ad Program (also requires AdSense) because most users earn more from HP Ads than from AdSense alone. HOWEVER, as Marisa also states, your AdSense balance will be less because most of your earnings will be through HubPages and show up on your HubPages account rather than when you log in to your AdSense account through Google.