jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

The Hubpage Photo Content Capsule - Not posting onto Article

1. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 8 years ago

Since Hubpages did their maintaince on the site on April 18,2009, the video and the photo content capsules have not been posting on the articles.  The photo content only list the capsule title and does not post the photo from the computer browser.  The video shows a picture of the video and then produces a black screen that states:  Embedding disabled on screen.  The visitor has to be informed to click on the black screen until the video appears. None of these items an issues until after the April 18, 2009 maintenance by Hubpages.  Been using the thumbnail to have a photo for distribution to Digg. Hubpages, no photo.  Request Hubpage staff to look into the issue.

1. MagicStarER profile image92
      MagicStarERposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The text capsules will not load correctly, and it is impossible to input text - what is going on and how can you publish an article, if you can not even input the text?  I have been trying for 2 days now to publish several hubs, but unable to do it.  I am ready to give up and go somewhere else to write....  Any answers???

2. WeddingConsultant profile image81
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

I would certainly wait a bit and try again later. Sometimes I have issues with capsules too.

Two things you could do now that might fix it:
    1. Hold down shift, and hit F5. Then retry
    2. Make sure your browser is updated to the most recent version.

If neither work and you've given it some time, email team[at]hubpages.com

1. brad4l profile image85
      brad4lposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have had a couple of hiccups as well and, as WeddingConsultant suggested, refreshing the page and re-editing it worked.

2. MagicStarER profile image92

I have been trying since yesterday.  I have refreshed the pages over and over again.  I have signed off and back onto the internet.  I have reloaded my computer.  I have done maintenance on my computer and removed junk files, spyware, etc.  I am going crazy - the text capsules will not load, and I can not input my test into my articles! 

I am going to try the F5 thing and see if it works - I will be right back...

Shift plus F5 does not work.

I have IE 7

2. brad4l profile image85
          brad4lposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can just hit the refresh button. It is the same thing. Or press F5 in firefox.

Although from your earlier post, I see you have already refreshed/logged in and out.

3. WeddingConsultant profile image81
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Well it sounds like your best bet might be to email the hubpages team. Good luck!

working