jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

My First Edit...

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I edited a hub for the first time. I've only been around for two weeks so I guess it isn't a "finally" type of situation but it was needing to happen. Low hubscore on the hub and all that.

You won't be able to see what it *looked* like the first time around but the text was as follows, with just some Amazon and Ebay links included and nothing else. No images, no links, no news feed, etc.

"First things first, understand that you probably don't know the golfer as well as you think you do! Unless you regularly golf with the individual being gifted, please, please, please do not purchase gear, clothing or equipment for your golfer! Each individual has his or her own preferences and most golfers, while they appreciate your effort, do not want to receive alternate brands.

Additionally, don't assume that your golfer would like to receive golf "paraphenalia." For example, photos of favorite golfers, golf calendars or shirts with golf clubs on them. He might not like Tiger Woods and she might not want to display that golden golf ball on her desk at work. Be tasteful, please! If your golfer likes these items, let her purchase them for herself!

Some suggestions of items that my golfer husband would appreciate receiving as a gift are gift cards or certificates for greens fees, golfing event tickets, golf books (not necessarily instructional books) and videos. "

The new hub is here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Gifts-for-golfers

I'm wondering what people think of the revisions and if somebody can tell me how to fix the fact that Adsense is bumping my amazon capsule *down* which is completely screwing with the layout of the page sad

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Are you using separate text capsules for each section of your Hub? it's the only thing I can think of for the reason the ads are going between your text. The info is great though. smile

3. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Yes, they are separate. I hadn't thought about that! I will try changing it and see what happens... My only concern of course is that the Amazon capsule still isn't going to be quite where I want it to, but at least it won't be ugly!

1. JamaGenee profile image87
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Where exactly do you want the Amazon capsule to be??