jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Seeking Fellow Pagan Authors

1. Lionrhod profile image92
    Lionrhodposted 10 months ago

Any other Pagan Writers here with published books (paper or ebook)? Preferably on Wiccan, pagan and metaphysical subjects or pagan characters. I'm thinking of putting together a promotional book tour.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I am a Pagan Writer/Author, however, my Pagan Writer/Author & wife has published material in book form. smile   My thought process does not allow me to carry a very long story line, nor remember characters and such.  Love reading however. smile   

Several of her's are on Barnes & Noble as well as Lulu that I know of, "Odes to the Goddess" as well as "Pagan and Proud of it". The second one is both ebook and paperback.

2. Michaela Osiecki profile image87
    Michaela Osieckiposted 10 months ago

I do have an e-published book on Amazon for Kindle that features a main character who identifies as pagan. Not sure if that counts but....

3. Lionrhod profile image92

What I'm looking for:

1) Nonfiction:Wiccan, witchcraft,pagan,metaphysical
    2) Author who is pagan
    3) Fiction: Pagan protagonist or pagan theme

Sounds like you fit in if you wish.

Things are only in the barest of idea stages, so feel free to offer ideas.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 months ago

You can browse through HubPages' paganism hubs.

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … craft/5168

5. Lionrhod profile image92

Welcome folks! This is just in the very  early planning stages, but what I'm thinking of is a blog/book tour. We each write brief guest articles for each other's blogs, websites or hubs, and send the traffic around to each of our various sites.

I think it'll mean more traffic for each of us,

If you want in, then feel free to brainstorm the kind of articles we can write, how to advertise and so on. I think we need to plan it for at least a month or two ahead.

If you've got experience with this sort of thing, please let me know!

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I identify as Pagan and wrote a poetry book that explains the meanings of the Tarot cards in the Rider Waite tarot deck. But I have tried to write some fictional Astrology characters in my Venus through the Astrology signs here.I always have trouble with the categories, so they are not marked as fiction, it's just the "Venus in the Astrology signs" series. I invented characters who had traits of the particular sign, and made both partners have them, so it would be a good story which people with Venus in the sign would have. I enjoyed it and would like to take a fiction writing course to learn how to develop ideas and characters for a book.

1. Lionrhod profile image92
        Lionrhodposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Sounds great!

I'd be happy to give what input I can towards your writing as well.

Hugs and blessings,

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
          Jean Bakulaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

If you ever feel like reading and giving feedback, they all are just Venus in Aries, and so on, through the signs. I had trouble because of the strict rules here, so the short stories are too YA for my taste. That's what I want to work on, though not here. I tried to stay true to Astrology in them here. Thanks.