jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Newer features

1. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 10 months ago

Hi- I'm coming back into the community after being away for two years or so and I have been housecleaning a bit. Just wondering why with the new editing features it is flagging comments for errors? My hubs are fine but I have all theses edits in the comments section? What's the deal?

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 10 months ago in reply to this

A while back they ran something called EditBot over all the hubs on the site.  The robot icons have a different look depending on whether the bot edits were made in the text of the hub or in the comments, often it's both.  The icons are supposed to disappear when you open a hub.  They're reversible edits, so just go over the hubs that got botted and uncheck the edits that are incorrect.  It can make errors.

2. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 10 months ago in reply to this

They are trying to clean up grammar - something you can't do for your visitor comments yourself. Mostly it is innocuous - hopefully it is helpful.

2. LauraD093 profile image85
    LauraD093posted 10 months ago

Thanks was just wondering-no biggie have pared it down to only 5 remaining hubs-so until I start producing again I suppose I won't have to deal with it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago in reply to this

The editbot automatically corrects errors in comments so you don't need to do anything - even if the editbot gets it wrong on a comment or two, chances are that overall it has done the right thing.  It's a bit irritating to see the little black bots on your Account page but you learn to ignore them! 

If you want to make them go away, just open the Hub, click "show errors" then "hide errors" and they will disappear from the account page.