jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Upload a document into hubpages from word?

1. wpcooper profile image79
    wpcooperposted 19 months ago

can you upload a previously written document that was in word to hubpages?

what if it has charts, graphs, other tables etc?

1. gerimcclym profile image85
      gerimcclymposted 19 months ago in reply to this

wpcooper,
      I normally cut and paste my content from a word document directly onto my hub page. You should be able to cut and paste charts, graphs, etc. from your word document onto your hub page as well but I have not tried it so cannot tell you for sure. Perhaps other hubbers can respond to that,

wpcooperposted 19 months ago in reply to this

thank you for responding but that didn't work.  I will try in another format layout besides genuine article but ends up cutting off the charts.

1. jackclee lm profile image74
          jackclee lmposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Only text can be cut and paste into Hubpages text module. To capture the charts and graph and images, you need to convert it to a JPG file and add it to a photo module. You may not be able to keep the same formatting.

wpcooperposted 19 months ago in reply to this

thank you....that's what I was thinking.... sad

1. jackclee lm profile image74
              jackclee lmposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Another option is to treat the entire word page as an image. I wrote a hub on how to do just that. It is called "how to convert a document to PDF using an iphone". The text may not be as easy to read depending on your font size.

1. theraggededge profile image96
                theraggededgeposted 19 months ago in reply to this

The problem with that is that it won't contain any text capsules so won't be featured.

1. gerimcclym profile image85
                  gerimcclymposted 19 months ago in reply to this

wpcooper,
                  In terms of copying the text  from a word document onto text capsules on the hub page, it may be an issue with the browser you are using. If I recall correctly, I had difficulty copying and pasting text using Firefox but Chrome allowed me to do it without any problem. So I suggest trying a different browser for copying your text.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi wpcooper,

jackclee lm is correct. You will need to paste the text into Text Capsules (I recommend a separate capsule per paragraph with descriptive titles that explain what each paragraph is about). You will have to save the graphs and charts separately as images and upload them to Image Capsules.

working