jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What's a hot topic?

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image90
    letstalkabouteducposted 17 months ago

I've never written a hub that has taken off like wildfire. What topics are popular among readers?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Your hubs all look like hot topics to me.

letstalkabouteducposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Kathryn. I've worked hard on them but just can't attract readers. I've read about SEO and keywords and titles and I still can't get out of the starting blocks, I'm getting discouraged.sad

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
          Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago in reply to this

How are you becoming discouraged?

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this

I just read one of your hubs, which is really awesome by the way, about busy people. Your writing is superb, so if you find a way to make SEO work, you will get traffic.

I've found personally that I have to go outside my own subject matter, the subject matter that I've generally concentrated on. My main area that I know about is martial arts. Unfortunately if I want to get traffic in that subject matter I'd have to constantly write about sparring gear and martial arts shoes. It's almost that bad. People just don't search the Net for martial arts. Therefore, I've written about a lot of other things. Sometimes you have to experiment, but I'd advise experimenting using SEO techniques.

2. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 17 months ago

Be sure to pin your articles to Pinterest . I am getting a lot of traffic from there - much more than Google anyways.

letstalkabouteducposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. I've been doing that without much success, but I'll keep trying.

3. Leila Pfaff profile image81
    Leila Pfaffposted 17 months ago

I'll try posting in pinterest. Good idea

4. letstalkabouteduc profile image90
    letstalkabouteducposted 17 months ago

Thanks, Nate, for the compliment and advice. I wish Hubpages would be more helpful. I like to write, but all the SEO stuff is beyond me.

working