jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Feature tweak!

1. Tracker Frost profile image60
    Tracker Frostposted 7 years ago

I'd like to see our hub links (links inside the hubs) default to open the link in a new window, instead of default to not.  Why would I want people reading my hub to click a link, and suddenly be off on another site, with only the back button as my hope they'll ever come back to my article?

2. JamaGenee profile image89
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

Makes sense to me.  Links like that are supposed to be for further information, not an automatic exit!

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago
    1. Tracker Frost profile image60
      Tracker Frostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for those links Misha (and I followed another one in them).  There's some good information in there, and I even learned about "middle clicking", lol.

How about a setting in the hub.  You can leave the default as "open links in same page", or I can change just one option that says, "All links in this hub open in a few window(tab)". Like where you choose the adinfo, when you're starting your new hub. Then it would be changed for just that one hub.  I know I can change it for each link, but this is very time consuming for a link heavy article (like the music ones I'm working on).

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

YW. And I think this is by design - HP wants you to follow the established best practices on their site, and they make it difficult to not follow smile

5. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

There is the option to have links open in a new page, at least when you place them within the content. I would agree that having an option like the Kontera option (enable on all hubs or disable) would be nice, since I set all my links to open in new pages versus same page.

6. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Instead of putting a link in the Hubpage for more information and the visitor to hop on the train to another site, just do not include it.  If you want to reference the link, create a new hub about the subject matter and make sure that you put the link at the bottom of the pages.  That way the visitor would have read your article and ads, and you hopefully Google Adsense noticed with a change in earnings.  The reader can now head over to the linked page.  It is better not to bother with the links.  HubPages do not like for you to have a lot of links on a page or it may end up in the broken links category.  I think that too many links or more than one of the same link will get you banned, so to safegard my hub membership, I just leave anything questionable alone.