jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Unable to rearrange my spotlighted hubs

1. cartoonhistorian profile image92
    cartoonhistorianposted 19 months ago

Hello,
    I'm currently having issues trying to switch around which of my hubs I have spotlighted on my profile. Every time I've attempted to change them in the past few days, I get a generic error message. This same issue also seems to happen for anything else I attempt to edit on my profile.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 19 months ago in reply to this

What error message are you getting? What browser are you using? What version? 

Some older browsers don't work well with HubPages. Make sure you have the latest version. Also make sure you don't have a virus. Try clearing the cache and reboot.

Another thought: When you are in the process of switching spotlighted hubs around and by doing so, you select the same one in two places, an error will be displayed until you remove the duplicate. I wonder if this is the error you are talking about. Try removing all spotlighted hubs and start over. Maybe that might help. Also, don't forget to click "save" when you're done.

cartoonhistorianposted 19 months ago in reply to this

The error message when I click Save Changes says "Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the Hubpages forums." Like I said, it's a generic message that doesn't seem to give an indication of why this is happening.

I'm using Chrome version 47.0.2526.106. This is the most current version of Chrome, and I'm using a Chromebook (so viruses aren't an issue). I have cleared my cache and rebooted just in case, and I'm *still* getting this error.

No, I'm not placing two of the same hubs, it gives me a completely different message if I accidentally do that. And I can't clear my spotlighted hubs because this error message is appearing is whenever I click the "Save Changes" button. I can't clear my spotlighted hubs if the changes can't save.

1. tsmog profile image84
          tsmogposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it is an issue and not just you. I tried it by adding another to the spotlight. The 'Working' clock appears continuously running on and on. Then the same message you got comes up. I bailed out of it . . .

So, you may have to wait until after the holiday weekend?

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

Strange. I'm not having that problem. Earlier today I tried changing my selected spotlight hubs and clicked save. It worked fine for me.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
              Elsie Hagleyposted 19 months ago in reply to this

It is happening to me also, with the same message. I have reported it on another thread in the Forum.

2. FootballNut profile image61
        FootballNutposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi

This seems to be a common issue over the last week. Nothing under the profile "edit" will save after changes are made.

I contacted Hubpages around 5 days ago and they replied that I should clean out the history, cache, and all that which I already had done many times and have done many times since.

The issues does seem to be effecting many users.

2. erorantes profile image36
      erorantesposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Your computer is slow because during the Holidays everything is busy. I am sure your devices will work  faster later.Happy Holidays to you.

cartoonhistorianposted 19 months ago in reply to this

You mean HubPages itself is slow, my devices are running just as fast as normal on every other site I've been to. But I will wait a week or two and report back if the site is still having these issues.

2. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

It is working fine for me. Just changed all my highlighted hubs without a problem.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 19 months ago

I just tried and was able to change one of the hubs on the spotlight slider.

4. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 19 months ago

If you try to change things too often, it will not allow you. You can change spotlight hubs only once in 3 months or so. That may be one reason.

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Venkat, I change mine every two or three weeks.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

There is no such rule. I change mine more often than that. Just did it again two days ago (after this thread was started) without a problem.

working