jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Decrease in traffic?

1. sagolia profile image87
    sagoliaposted 10 months ago

Anyone else seeing a serious plummet in traffic? I have been lucky to get more than a handful of views per day the last couple weeks. Could it be because of the holidays?

1. FootballNut profile image61
      FootballNutposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I have only been on here a week or so, the views seem to be okay when looking at the Hubpages Ad Program monitoring, however google adsense views are not doing to great.

Search engine traffic is non-existent though, keywords and optimising is not what it is cracked up to be.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 10 months ago in reply to this

YEah, I'm pretty sure it's because of Christmas. My traffic was doing alright until Christmas. Everyone is celebrating the holiday, not surfing the Net.

2. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 10 months ago

Today is the worst in my 6 years with Hp!!!!!!!.

3. Blake Flannery profile image91
    Blake Flanneryposted 10 months ago

My earnings are barely 1/10 for the last week when compared to 2014! We're talking hundreds of dollars for what would have been one of the best weeks of the year for me. My traffic has dramatically declined since the switch to the main domain. It seems my hubs are all poisoned by something now. I have other accounts with content that is inferior that has seen slight increases in traffic from Google, but those are small accounts with subdomains that probably ranked poorly before the switch. Seems almost like a redistribution of traffic across the site to me. The entire site has seen a little decline overall, but nothing to account for the dramatic removal of my hubs from search. Either Google is super slow re-indexing my hubs or my hubpro edited hubs are total garbage. I suspect that the issue is related to something going on internally on the site. I'm not sure anything an average hubber can do would fix their account. I've done just about everything Hubpages staff have suggested over the years. At this point, I'm wondering if I would be better off getting redirects to a brand new domain and running solo. Hubpages leadership is hoping the opposite strategy will work. They think putting everyone's content together is the best thing to do.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 months ago

My traffic's been in the dumpster all thru December, but that happens every year at this time. Everybody's too busy fa-la-la-la-la'ing to be worried about my B-Movie and metal music drivel. I haven't posted anything new lately and haven't really been bothering to promote my back-catalog much either. I'm basically on break till the new year.

5. justholidays profile image80
    justholidaysposted 10 months ago

Traffic is supposed to increase during the four last months of the year. Halloween was a catastrophe compared with last year's traffic. And Christmas traffic is nowhere to what it used to be.

The site change happened during the holiday season - what a smart move! (I'm ironic). I end up thinking that HP don't want the site to recover. All changes are always done in the worst time in the year.

Well I only have 4 hubs left, and don't expect things to get better any time soon.