jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Legitimate ways of earning Riot Points

1. backslappinu profile image60
    backslappinuposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub? id like to keep this as a refresher for the next hub i write after i finish this one.  Legitimate ways of earning Riot Points (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hubs about how to make money online have a low chance of being accepted, and as there is not much money to be made on HP, I do not think it is worth your effort to pursue this kind of topic. 

The path of least frustration on HubPages is to write about subjects you have expertise in, that not many people also have expertise in, that you enjoy writing about, that you think many people would search for on Google, and that the web is not already saturated on the with.  And also keep your expectations kind of low.

While video games are a saturated topic, if you are really passionate about them you can probably mine your knowledge for some unique angles.  Best of luck to you.

1. Kylyssa profile image95
        Kylyssaposted 19 months ago in reply to this

+1

This is excellent advice.

1. profile image0

Thank you smile

2. backslappinu profile image60
        backslappinuposted 19 months ago in reply to this

awww sad .-. i was hoping this could be my starting point article. i mean i guess i could scrap it but i feel like their not many article like this that are legitimate ways to earn riot points. i wanted to share what i learned with everyone not for the money in it but to give back to the people.

1. profile image0

You can always try, but I think it will require a lot of work to rewrite in in a way that HP does not consider promotional or spammy.  It won't pass with links to money making sites, whether they are clickable or plain text.

1. backslappinu profile image60
            backslappinuposted 19 months ago in reply to this

well the times i publishes this i scored a 69 and if im not wrong a 80 is a minimum to be accepted i guess get rid of the links then. Is there anything else i could touch up on that you can see?

1. Kylyssa profile image95
              Kylyssaposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I'd suggest you follow c-g's advice and also change your title to one that makes the context clear. League of Legends really needs to get into it, both to help QAP readers understand what the article is about and so people searching for League of Legends tips can actually find it.

Also, I think it would help to start off with a sentence that briefly states what LOL is and what Riot points are followed by a sentence or so mentioning your experience with the game and an offer to share the fruits of that experience with readers to make the game more fun and less frustrating or something similar. What that does is identify the topic clearly so people can see they've found the right page, gives a reason for readers to care what you have to say, and lets the QAP readers see that you are a gamer rather than some bleepity-bleep spammer trying to vomit spam intended to attract gamers.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
                Marisa Wrightposted 19 months ago in reply to this

+1

working