One year old hub, edited, doesn't publish: How to Draw: An /ic/ Guide

1. IrisHopp profile image81
    IrisHoppposted 10 months ago

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong with this hub of mine:
    How to Draw: An /ic/ Guide (must be signed in to view).

It used to be published just fine, recently I made a new text section and added an Amazon link and it didn't pass anymore. I removed three amazon links and several other links throughout the hub in response, but this didn't change anything.

What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago

I wonder if it's the opening statement that the article has already appeared elsewhere.  I assume the original is in a hardcopy magazine not an online one, but the moderator may not be bothering to check.

Would it be acceptable to move that credit to the end of the Hub?

When you wrote the Hub originally, multiple Amazon capsules were acceptable.  Now, it almost seems like there's a witch hunt for them!  I've had to remove products which made perfect sense, just because a moderator felt there were "too many".

Before removing any more, though, I suggest tweaking how they appear.  You do recommend those specific books but sometimes that recommendation is separated from the Amazon capsule by an image or more text.  Instead, put your recommendation in the "description" section of the Amazon capsule, so it's clear you've picked that specific book for that specific purpose.

1. IrisHopp profile image81
      IrisHoppposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Marisa, great critique, thank you!
      I moved the credit and placed my descriptions from the text boxes in the amazon capsule instead.
      Thanks so much!