Improvement of hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Priya Baruaposted 8 years ago

The thing is: I have written around 25 hubs; out of which around 22 are featured. Yet, It seems that no one is reading them. What should I do to increase my pageviews?

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 8 years ago

I would just keep writing my best material..perhaps you are new. It can take a little while for articles to catch on from my understanding.

1. profile image0
        Priya Baruaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am new.
        I hope you're right. because it is frustrating to publish 3 or 4 hubs a day, get them featured and then get almost negligible traffic.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image91

I am new as well. It just seems like this is a process..like you have to pay your dues so to speak. I think if you are here for the right reasons you can have success. Just takes time.

3. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

To write 25 hubs in two weeks is a lot. I read through a few of the hubs and I though that you needed to give more background information or introduction to what or who you were writing about.(ie. What is M&B books?)
      Some are very short, so try to extend them a little more .Try my opinion. wink

4. profile image0

Thanks Stacie. That seems like good advice. But the thing is the summary is limited by 200 characters. Makes it a little difficult.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not the summary but the introductory paragraph, i.e. the first paragraph of the article. Tell your readers what the hub is about and why you've written it. A decent hub is around 800 - 1500 words.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
        Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Priya and welcome to HubPages. I am sure what Stacie means is to add some "background information or introduction" to your first text capsule, which will increase your word count. The Summary does not count towards word count.

By repeating your title in the first text capsule right up front, you will get better notice on Google.Also, share your articles on  Pinterest, Facebook and other media sites by using the share buttons on the top left of your published hubs.

1. profile image0

You mean the first text capsule right after summary?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93

Yes, exactly. Let me hop over to one of your hubs to see how you start it, then give you an example.

1. profile image0

Okay

Firstly, I would add a new first text capsule (before your first example of common things) and in your title make it Mills and Boon instead of M&B. I never heard of Mills and Boom, so had no idea what M&B means and am sure few others do. "M&B" will not rate very well in searches, but Mills and Boom would rate better.

As an example of the first text capsule, explain what your hub is about:

Example only: There are five common things we find in almost every M&B (Mills and Boon) book. These common factors distinquish the writing style and character descriptions.

Add a little more to this, such as when did Mills and Boon first publish? What was the first book? Who are Mills and Boon? Do they have first names? Do they always write about similar stories? Many people will know nothing about the authors or their books. Help your readers to learn about them before you list the common examples.

Hope this helps. Then don't forget to share your articles on social medias.

1. profile image0

It does help really well. I am overwhelmed that you went out of your way to help me. So thank you very much, Phyllis.

My goodness - you are most welcome, Priya. smile

5. Jesse Drzal profile image91

I would not even look at traffic at this point. I'm not.

1. profile image0

I think that is the best advice

6. Chriswillman90 profile image91
      Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

Im only now starting to get more consistent traffic after nearly a year and 80+ hubs later. I'm also no SEO expert because many writers did much better in half the time with far less hubs, so the best bet is to keep writing and improve on your hubs. If you keep at it, then the traffic and earnings will come.

1. profile image0

Thanks

7. profile image0

And thanks to everyone. I will keep each of your advices in mind when I am editing.

8. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 8 years ago

Start with the basics - you are going to want to attract readers through the search engines (google, bing, etc..) if you want to have a regular stream of readers.

Ask your self how many people are going to be typing "The 5 people you will see at your school graduation" into the search engine?? You can find how many times people search for phrases through the Google Keyword tool. Learn about keywords.....

Most of your titles are aimed at social media rather than search looking at them; so if you want people to read them you are going to need them to be shared on social media - twitter, FaceBook, etc.. Typically this will result in a quick peak in views as your friends take a look but after this unless they are so good that people feel the need to share them to all of their friends then your views will rapidly vanish...

1. profile image0

That makes sense. What should I do know?

1. LeanMan profile image79
          LeanManposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Use the search box at the top of the page to find hubs about using keywords and do some research to learn what you need to do.
          Also search about using social media marketing.

You have a lot of reading to do......

1. profile image0

Thanks for the info

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)