I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Eric Carle: Books and More (1967-1975) (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
1. You have a small typo in the first paragraph, "His illustrations are created by cutting A and pasting"
2. Always put only ONE photo in each photo capsule. I know there's the facility to add more than one but I wish they'd get rid of it, they never display well.
3. It looks odd to have the title of each book as a heading twice. You don't need to have a title on a photo capsule at all - a caption is enough.
4. Although HubPages says it's OK, experience suggests that eBay and Amazon capsules need to be spread out over the Hub, never grouped together one after the other.
5. You don't have the legal right to use all those photos. They are copyright. If you are going to add a link to the book on Amazon, then you can use one of the photos from the Amazon product page legally - but you can't use any other photos from the book, and you MUST have a link somewhere to the Amazon product, (either in the photo capsule or in an Amazon capsule). Otherwise it's not legal.
The bigger problem with the Hub, though, is I'm not sure who it's aimed at. Who is likely to find this list useful? What would they want to know about the books? If you want a Hub to be successful then it needs to fill a need, answer a question or help solve a problem. This Hub might work for someone doing a research project on Eric Carle - but I think they'd be more likely to go straight to his website or Wikipedia. It's more likely to be useful to someone who's discovered his work and wants to choose more books by him - in which case you need to review the books and recommend the best ones, not just give a bald, basic plot summary.
I think you need to actually say something about your experience of the books (either yourself or with your children or some other children).
Right now this just reads like excerpts from Wikipedia and opportunities to buy, a.k.a. "spammy".
For example, I grew up reading some of these books and could tell stories about when I first read them, which were my favorites, and why.
by Marisa Wright11 months ago
This Hub has failed QAP due to spammy elements. I know that means the Amazon capsules, but honestly - if genuine product reviews like this can't pass QAP, things have become ridiculous: Recommended DVD's for Male...
by wilderness293 years ago
Hi, I have been on here for a couple of years. But, I have just started using HubPages again after a long absence. I was hoping that I could get feedback on my Hub to see if I can make any...
by Nadine May13 days ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Are we living in a hologram of a lie?. What can I do to improve? Thanks! This was the same article that...
by Melissa Reese Etheridge20 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Spring Mix Salad with Homemade Dressing (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by albgenius4 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Elephone S3 Review (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!This hub is about a...
by Paula Atwell15 months ago
Is there a balance of Amazon products on a page that makes a hub overly promotional? Or is it dependent on the individual hub (over and beyond the 50 words per product)?
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.